Disney Pixar Double Boxsets

Started by Owain, July 27, 2008, 12:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

I dont no if thats the name for them but it explains what they are  :)

Today i was lookign through the new argos book and noticed these and they seems pretty cool. There 2 pixar films in seperate box set with pop out characters.

Heres the Finding Nemo/Monsters Inc.;

£19.99

Set comprises Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc.

Finding Nemo: Nemo, an adventurous young clownfish, is unexpectedly taken to a dentists office aquarium. It's up to Marlin (Albert Brooks), his worrisome father, and Dory (Ellen DeGeneres), a friendly but forgetful regal blue tang fish, to make the epic journey to bring Nemo home. Their adventure brings them face-to-face with vegetarian sharks, surfer dude turtles, hypnotic jellyfish, hungry seagulls and more. Marlin discovers a bravery he never knew, but will he be able to find his son?

Finding Nemo's breakthrough computer animation takes you in to a whole new world with this undersea adventure about family, courage and challenges.

Winner of the Best Animated Feature Film at the 2004 Oscars.

Monster's Inc is the largest scare factory in the monster world and the top kid-scarer is James P. Sullivan (John Goodman), a huge, intimidating monster with blue fur, large purple spots and horns, known as 'Sulley' to his friends. His scare assistant, best friend and roommate is Mike Wazowski (Billy Crystal), a lime green, opinionated, feisty monster. And visiting from the human world is Boo, a tiny girl who turns the monster world upside down and teaches Sulley and Mike that laughter is more powerful than a scream.

Universal rating.

//http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0246950/c_1/1%7Ccat_10198609%7CDVD+gifts%7C10198715/Trail/searchtext%3EDVD.htm

Cars/The Incredibles;

Cars is the story of Lightning McQueen; a spoiled race car with a bad attitude.

On route to his next event, he crashes in the small, backwater town of Radiator Springs. Forced to stay until he has fixed all that he destroyed, McQueen will have to learn that the world does not revolve around him, if he's to leave in time for the race.

In The Incredibles, The Parr family, former super heroes, live the life of 'normal' civilians, hiding their special abilities. When the head of the household Bob receives an invitation to a secret meeting on a remote island, the family finds itself on the front line once again, only this time, fighting to save the world.

Universal rating.

£19.99

//http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0247007/c_1/1%7Ccat_10198609%7CDVD+gifts%7C10198715/Trail/searchtext%3EDVD.htm

Disney Toy Story 1 & 2 Double Pack DVD

Set comprises Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Toy Story: As a 6 year old, Andy's favourite toy Woody (Tom Hanks), a take-charge, pull-string cowboy, is confident in his role as room leader. But after Andy's birthday party, newcomer Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen), a flashy space ranger with laser action and pop-out wings, crash-lands into Woody's world. Buzz instantly wins the admiration of Andy's other toys, igniting a rivalry that lands the duo inside the home of Sid, the toy-torturing boy next door. To escape Sid's evil plans, Woody and Buzz must work together and realise they've got the perfect friend: in each other!

Toy Story 2 is a masterpiece of great story telling, 'laugh out loud' humour, wonderful music and state of the art animation; it is great fun for both kids and adults! This enormous box office hit won a Golden Globe award for Best Picture. Toy Story 2 features the original voice cast, headed by Tom Hanks as Woody and Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear. Joining them is a round-up of unforgettable new characters, including Jessie the cow girl, Bullseye the horse and Stinky Pete the prospector.

While Andy is away at summer camp, Woody is toynapped by Al, a greedy toy collector. His best friends, including Buzz, Mr Potato Head, Slinky Dog and Rex set out on a heroic rescue mission to save him. Along the way, they meet a whole host of new friends including Jessie the cow girl and Bullseye the horse. Together, the Toy Story 2 gang set out to make sure Woody is home safely before Andy returns.....

Universal certificate.

£22.99

//http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0246943/c_1/1%7Ccat_10198609%7CDVD+gifts%7C10198715/Trail/searchtext%3EDVD.htm

never2old

Whoa, those look so cool!!! Love what they've done!

Unfortunately for me I already own ALL of the Pixar DVDs... but if they do the same thing in bluray, I may have my excuse to buy them...

mehdi5

Quote from: "never2old"Whoa, those look so cool!!! Love what they've done!

Unfortunately for me I already own ALL of the Pixar DVDs... but if they do the same thing in bluray, I may have my excuse to buy them...
Doubt that wil be announced soon, Finding Nemo already got delayed till 2009 and Toy Story 1&2 propably will be released with Toy Story 3 in 2010, Incredibles and Monsters Inc. might be possible though, i would love to have them on Blu-Ray, i already own all these dvd's and Cars and Ratatouille on Blu-Ray.

-breeno-

They look cool, alread have a few pixar videos/dvds so i won't be getting them.

Oh and anyone who wants to buy one and wants to save £3 i seen the toy story one for £18 in my local Cex store (yes i love that shop :lol: ) :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!