Which is your favourite non-Disney hotel?

Started by Anthony, September 13, 2005, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite non-Disney resort hotel?

MyTravel\'s Explorers Hotel
2 (25%)
Holiday Inn
3 (37.5%)
Movenpick Dream Castle Hotel
3 (37.5%)
Hotel Kyriad
0 (0%)
Hotel L\'Élysée Val D\'Europe
0 (0%)
Residence Pierre et Vacances VdE
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: September 13, 2005, 11:56:38 PM

Anthony

OK, so we've had polls for which hotel you like the most from the entire resort, but what about all the non-Disney hotels that have sprung up over the last few years?

Obviously, the Disney hotels are always going to beat them because they have the unique Disney feel, so which hotel would you recommend to a friend from the Selected and Associated groups?

If you want, give a short reason here as well, so we can get an idea of which could be the best option for our next stay...

Kinou

MOVENPICK!!!

the rooms are gorgeous and the breakfast MY GOD!!! Best hotel ever, surpass Disney's (except maybe DLH and NY), but the srevice is excellent, and again, that BREAKFAST!!! i never ate so much at breakfast in my whole life!
Hug it out bitch !

tink

I've heard they are all nice but I really wouldn't consider staying in one as you'd just be sad :(  not enough disney atmosphere
Merry Christmas Heffalumps!!!!

flor

absolutely Mövenpick.
for the same reasons as Kinou.
The breakfast, the rooms, the service... everything is great

Anthony

I still haven't voted yet, because I've only been to Holiday Inn and Kyriad and don't think I've seen the best of the partner hotels.

Holiday Inn was ok, but it didn't feel as nice as I thought it would.  My bedroom was nice, but the whole place was totally soul-less and so boring.  The layout of the lobby was weird and the cheap arcade machines let it down.  I guess the biggest letdown was the godawful man who checked me in.  I won't go into details, but I wanted to punch him, seriously.

Kyriad on the other hand had very friendly staff but another odd layout.  I think I preferred the Kyriad room and atmosphere much more though.

The only reason I'd stay in either again would be if I really needed to visit on the cheap, but after experiencing Newport Bay Club and remembering how fantastic the CMs, themeing, atmosphere, etc. etc. of the Disney Hotels are, there's really no competition.

Patrick

I amazingly cannot vote I still have yet to visit any none disney hotels on site oh what a shame :D  and thaty's 9 visits now :wink: .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"I amazingly cannot vote I still have yet to visit any none disney hotels on site oh what a shame :D  and thaty's 9 visits now :wink: .
I'm glad to hear it, your majesty! :P

Dlrpfan

I have to say the Explorers because the last 2 trips we stayed there
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012