Narnia attraction to replace Armageddon?

Started by Kristof, June 13, 2008, 01:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The Chronicles of Narnia attraction
Rumoured opening date: 2009
Project status: unconfirmed

Yep, you read it right!  Walt Disney Studios will receive a new attraction soon, but similar to Stitch Live! will it replace an already existing ride...   Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux!

Here's what posted on WDSfans.com:

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"Armageddon Les Effets Speciaux is going! According to our very own source related to the project will Armageddon be replaced by a Narnia related attraction. Although our source did not reveal what the actual attraction will be, it seems that La Roquine on Disney Central Plaza knows more.

According to him will Studio 7 be taken over by a Narnia walkthrough, similar to the one found at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida. The attraction there shows a making-of video and highlights sets, costumes and props from the movie.

Our source could share one thing however, an interactive element would be part of the tour.

Discuss!

Nicholas-c

strangly i have never been on Armageddon, i best go on it before it disappears, however i think an action packed fire set would attract more people than Narnia ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

pussinboots

You left out the part where Jay Rasulo admits that he never cared for Armageddon or the Tram Tour. I liked that bit of honesty.

Kristof

That was for my second post, but you spoiled that now!  :lol:  :lol:  But for once, I have to admit Jay is right...

Remco K.

The problem with Armageddon was that everything (except the main show) lasted to long. The waiting times outside were way to long AND boring. The pre-show was boring as well. The main show was fun... the first time you experienced it. For me, this show never had any repeatability.

Now, the walkthroughs at DHS are not that spectacular either, but I think it can actually maintain a better crowd control and they're easy to change out when a new movie gets released.

Welcome Narnia walkthrough! :D

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"strangly i have never been on Armageddon, i best go on it before it disappears, however i think an action packed fire set would attract more people than Narnia ?

Me neither, I hope its sill there in December

*fingers crossed*
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

never2old

Hmm I must have done Armageddon twice, maybe three times maximum. It's ok, but I wouldnt queue for it... It also depends on where you're standing, I think... First time we were close to two of the fires, it was a lot more impressive than the last time, when we were on one of the boring sides, and could only feel the heat of the big fire...

Still, I'm not sure a Narnia walkthrough will be very exciting... It sounds a bit similar to the Studio Tram Tour, but without a tram and without the earthquake...

I hope they add some special effects in some parts, and make it a bit more fun that an exhibition (because let's face it, costumes, props and sets, sounds like an exhibition... I've been to Star Wars or Lord of the Rings exhibitions because the movies were special... Narnia is not).

dagobert

I only have been twice on Armageddon, but I liked the attraction. So I'm a little bit psappointed that it disappears and that it is replaced by a Narnia walkthrough attraction. I didn't like the first movie and haven't seen the second one. I think if they want replace Armageddon, they should replace it with a more exciting attraction.

Kristof

According to La Roquine will the walkthrough be temporary until there's a bigger budget for another attraction.

never2old

They should then leave Armageddon until they have the budget for the bigger attraction...

If they have the Narnia props and stuff, maybe then should add them to the Studio Tram Tour?

Kristof

Quote from: "never2old"They should then leave Armageddon until they have the budget for the bigger attraction...

If they have the Narnia props and stuff, maybe then should add them to the Studio Tram Tour?

I don't know, this all feels so rushed.  Maybe there's a good reason to replace it that fast?  Safety?  Maintenance?  Maybe they're pulling a "Superstar Limo"... When that attraction was closed at DCA, the overall rating of the park rose.  

Besides, like I said before, my source indicated it would be an attraction, not a simple walkthrough.

Soap

Well i would love to see an addition of Narnia to the Studios.
No it's not as good as for example LOTR, but it is a genre, fantasy, that's underestimated and could be a great addition to the Studios. (and DLRP in a whole)
I hope for an attraction but we will have to wait and see what Kristoff his resource can let loose about this ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

QuoteI hope for an attraction but we will have to wait and see what Kristoff his resource can let loose about this ;)

I'm trying!  But my source really loves his job...  :lol:

Soap

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteI hope for an attraction but we will have to wait and see what Kristoff his resource can let loose about this ;)

I'm trying!  But my source really loves his job...  :lol:

Hahahahha i am sure he does  :P
We will be patiently awaiting his information.......
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

pussinboots

Quote from: "Remco K."The problem with Armageddon was that everything (except the main show) lasted to long. The waiting times outside were way to long AND boring. The pre-show was boring as well. The main show was fun... the first time you experienced it. For me, this show never had any repeatability.

Now, the walkthroughs at DHS are not that spectacular either, but I think it can actually maintain a better crowd control and they're easy to change out when a new movie gets released.

Welcome Narnia walkthrough! :D

I agree. For an impatient person like myself, the attraction is Hell on earth. If you were able to just walk right into the main show, it would be a funny little B-ticket, but everything around it is D-U-L-L.

I'd welcome any walkthrough attraction that replaces it. Walkthroughs don't raise expectations or queues.

(Same goes for the Tram Tour by the way. Catastrophe Canyon is fine, but the rest of the tour...)