Fantasmic Rumour?

Started by Ohms Stirs, May 17, 2008, 10:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohms Stirs

I am a long time Disney fan.  I have a friend who works at Disneyland Resort Paris.  Normally I just read what people put on here but he told me some really exciting news so I had to tell everyone.

Fantasmic is coming to Disneyland Paris!!!!!!!

Apparently this news was released internally to managers yesterday and will be shortly released to all castmembers in a few days before the official press release.  Details are still being confirmed but it will not be the full size scale show like in Florida due to budget restrictions.  To make the show sound like something familiar it will be renamed "Fantasmagique" and will be located at the rear of the park near the Tower where special events tents normally are.  It will be a smaller stage than Florida but will have fireworks launched from the Tower of Terror (this is what the fireworks test in the park several weeks ago was for) to make it look bigger than it really is.

Construction for the outside theatre is due to begin around winter time hopefully ready for a launch of summer 09.  It will be an outside theatre like in Florida expect it will be like the cunning Stunts-Motors-Action, which is undercover.  California has Peter Pan in the show, Florida has Pochahontas, and Fantasmagique will instead show off some of Disney's lesser known assets such as Oliver (from Oliver and Co), Friar Tuck (from Robin Hood) and the Cauldron (from the Black Cauldron).

Is there anyone else who works for Disney who can confirm this?

Snow_White_Girl

If this is true, this is rather exciting I must say :) Although I can't see how it would work without the lake  :-k - the whole thing of what made the American shows so magical for me was the princesses in their light-up dresses floating by on the lake *sigh* almost brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it!  :oops:

\":lamp:\"

pussinboots

It sounds like one of those things people keep adding to the WDS' Wikipedia article. And then I have to remove it because it's obviously the wishful thinking of a teenage Disney fan, i.e. crap.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Ohms Stirs"I have a friend who works at Disneyland Resort Paris.  Normally I just read what people put on here but he told me some really exciting news so I had to tell everyone.

Fantasmic is coming to Disneyland Paris!!!!!!!
This is very doubtful...

A cut down version of Fantasmic is a very high risk for the park. Without the lake, the water effects, the fire, etc., the show is nothing more than a stage show featuring some Disney characters. It won't have the big fireworks shells also.

I can see Fantasmic coming to WDS, but not a cut down version, and not in a near future.

WilliamK99

I may be new to these boards, but even I know any rumor posted by someone with only 1 post is usually hogwash.

Anthony

Topic locked. The probability of Fantasmic coming to Disneyland Resort Paris is close to zero.

If you've got your own ideas for new projects at the parks, please post them in the Imagineering forum rather than wasting our time here.