power cut

Started by vass, April 22, 2008, 08:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vass

got back last thursday from DLRP and just wondered if anyone had experienced a power cut there. We were just queeing for ToT when they closed the ride and told us they had no electric in the whole resort :(  we couldn't go on any rides or even do any shopping :!: However it came back on after about 20 mins  =D>  but people were stuck in rides, wouldn't fancy that

Javey74

No  :shock:

That's a new one, never had a power cut while I've been there.  Still to get it back on in 20 minutes, they must have backup generators  :)

Alpop

Isn't Tower of Terror and RNRC on a seperate generator. Or is that the Florida one?

Some stats said that the calculated that if they both launched at the same time it could cause probs!!

vass

I don't know about that. But loads of people were leaving the park, i expect they though that the other park was ok but it was everywhere in the village and the hotels.It did take a further 390 mins before everything was back to normal

MinniesBestPal

Hahaha! We got stuck on small world for 20 minutes once! My dad kept saying to me "If they don't start this ride again soon, I'M JUMPING OVERBOARD!!!!"

vass

i think that would be worse then being stuck in the ToT  :lol:

-breeno-

Quote from: "Alpop"Isn't Tower of Terror and RNRC on a seperate generator. Or is that the Florida one?

Some stats said that the calculated that if they both launched at the same time it could cause probs!!

Yeah i herad that too, i'd say DLRP would have seperate ones as well, being they are kinda the same as the ones in Florida :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Clarebelle

we were in the fudge shop on main st one day on our last trip (in feb) and the candy floss machines must have blew a fuse, first they went, then the whole shop! this was just before the parade so i didnt hang around to see what else happenend but the cast members didnt look happy lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

angelmask

When I was in DLRP in 2004 they had some problems with the whole electrical system in both parks. They kept shutting down rides and we were stuck in POTC for 45 minutes. So it seems that it happened from time to time.