[HKDL] 4 New Attractions/Shows Planned

Started by Dlrpfan, May 03, 2008, 05:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

MckeyNews.com reports that Hong Kong Disneyland is going to open 4 new Attractions this year.
QuoteFrom mid 2008 four exciting new entertainment initiatives will be unveiled to Guests at Hong Kong Disneyland. The new attractions will include; Muppet Mobile Lab, High School Musical Celebration, Nemo Submarine "Turtle Talk" and The Art of Animation.
http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayP ... ertainment
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Posted a few months ago: viewtopic.php?p=51208#p51208

But maybe worth discussing properly...

Just how many more of these weird fillers can HKDL take? Paris even with its major problems had opened several walkthroughs, Storybook Land, Old Mill, Nautilus and was gearing up for Space Mountain at this point in its life. Disneyland was one year away from the massive '59 expansion.

Do they have a plan for after IASW?

(I know, I'm just annoyed because I want the Muppet Mobile Lab for WDS. We never even saw Lucky the Dinosaur, where is he now?!)

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Do they have a plan for after IASW?

Well, Art of Animation and Nemo Submarine "Turtle Talk" still have to premiere.

I've heared that negotiations between the Walt Disney Company and the Hong Kong Government were a failure. Disney doesn't want to invest in new attractions (who knows why?!) and the Hong Kong Government feels betrailed since they've already put a huge amount of tax money into the project, while the park is a failure up to now. They feel its Disney's turn to invest money. In rough lines it comes to that scenario if I remember correctly.

In the meantime there are no serious rumours about new attractions, but the classic rumours about Pirate Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Raging Spirits, Peter Pan's Flight, Main Street Electrical Parade and a few others keep popping up once in a while (at least since 2005).

Quote from: "Baloo"(I know, I'm just annoyed because I want the Muppet Mobile Lab for WDS.)

Muppet Mobile Lab would be a great addition to our Studios indeed. It would be a far better home to the Muppets theming wise then Epcot and Hong Kong Disneyland have ever been. Besides, it would be a guaranted succes, just look at Stitch and Push in the Studios. Maybe some day...  8)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"(I know, I'm just annoyed because I want the Muppet Mobile Lab for WDS. We never even saw Lucky the Dinosaur, where is he now?!)

I think that they are developing Wall-E at the moment, which will probably hit the WDS in the near future :)

Kristof

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Baloo"(I know, I'm just annoyed because I want the Muppet Mobile Lab for WDS. We never even saw Lucky the Dinosaur, where is he now?!)

I think that they are developing Wall-E at the moment, which will probably hit the WDS in the near future :)

Only if Walt Disney Motion Pictures is willing to pay for it.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

Only if Walt Disney Motion Pictures is willing to pay for it.

Fingers crossed [-o<  :)

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Baloo"Just how many more of these weird fillers can HKDL take? Paris even with its major problems had opened several walkthroughs, Storybook Land, Old Mill, Nautilus and was gearing up for Space Mountain at this point in its life. Disneyland was one year away from the massive '59 expansion.

Do they have a plan for after IASW?

(I know, I'm just annoyed because I want the Muppet Mobile Lab for WDS. We never even saw Lucky the Dinosaur, where is he now?!)
I Hope HKDL do ecide to build some thing BIG! Possibly there saving up to build a new park or Frontierland

Ironicaly I think Lucky the Dino went too HKDL untill the start of 2006 and then he went back to WDI
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Owain

Heres photos of turtle talk with crush;

Hmmm, i prefer our Stich live!, 1. Because alot more effort went into stich and 2. Because ours is unique to the resort and this is HKDL second interactive character attraction.

Muppets Mobile Lab;

High School Musical;

[youtube:3ia2sxiu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8cf62nzVIA[/youtube:3ia2sxiu]

Source; //http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/97-Lactu-de-Hong-Kong-Disneyland-en-2008.html