OLC planning new Disney park in the south east of Asia

Started by Remco K., April 24, 2008, 08:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

According to an (Dutch) article on Parkplanet.nl, the Oriental Land Company has some careful plans to setup a new Disney park in the southeast of Asia. Toshio Kagami has announced this during the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort.

Not to much is known about these plans, and I'm curious if they'll be able to repeat the success of Tokyo Disney Resort.

It was also said in the article that they're exploring a new location because Tokyo Disney Resort might become less popular in the future because of demographic ageing.

Kristof

Quote from: "Remco K."According to an (Dutch) article on Parkplanet.nl, the Oriental Land Company has some careful plans to setup a new Disney park in the southeast of Asia. Toshio Kagami has announced this during the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort.

Not to much is known about these plans, and I'm curious if they'll be able to repeat the success of Tokyo Disney Resort.

It was also said in the article that they're exploring a new location because Tokyo Disney Resort might become less popular in the future because of demographic ageing.

In fact OLC said they were planning on opening more parks, without mentioning "Disney" in it.

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/5932/1/

Remco K.

Quote from: "raptor1982"In fact OLC said they were planning on opening more parks, without mentioning "Disney" in it.
I guess it's for the better than. I'm not sure if I'd really like another location for a Disney resort. Disney should stay like an unique experience, and not becoming a place you can find around every corner, like a shopping mall. :P

experiment627

Quote from: "Remco K."Disney should stay like an unique experience, and not becoming a place you can find around every corner, like a shopping mall. :P

... Thankfully they didn't have that attitude back in the mid-80s when they were scouting for a site for a fourth Magic Kingdom...

Malin

OLC is considering opening a new park in Japan that doesn't involve Disney. Most people think this is a mistake.