3rd - 6th 2008 Trip Report

Started by burntsienna, July 13, 2008, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntsienna

3rd July - 6th July

This is my first trip report so I'm not sure how good it will be. The trip started out great! We got to the hotel at about 11:00, which is later than normal but still I was happy to have been there. Then we waited while he got our room keys and he brought them on to the coach and started to read the names out...but no one answered and so he'd been given the wrong keys! He went back to the reception of the Kyriad to get our room keys and turns out there isn't any, but there is the tickets for the park. Which was quite confusing, why would the hotel have our park tickets but not room keys...infact why wouldn't they have rooms for us?? Haha after about an hour or so the staff at the Kyriad and our driver were able to get us into rooms at another onsite hotel, by this time it was too late for our diver to take us anywhere (something to do with his work laws etc, as can only drive a certain amount of time and things like that) so we were sooo thankful for the rooms at the Dream Castle. Which was a lovely hotel! The view from the room we'd stayed in were spectacular!  - - - We were on the 5th floor! which was cool  :)

Anyways the next day we were told we had no where to stay again but to go into the park and then return to the Dream Castle at 1:00p.m to see where we'd be staying.

My mum and me went into the park for opening time and were shocked as to how many people were there! It was our 11th and probably finial trip together and we'd never seen the place so busy! I didn't get to go on Thunder Mountain that day because the fast passes were all gone really quickly, and the queue was massive so we went on all my mum's favourite rides like Peter Pan and Casey Jr, did abit of shopping and then went back to the hotel.

Our driver got us in at the Kyriad for the rest of the trip, which I was sooo happy about! No more worrying about having nowhere to go.

So back the park and on more rides, went to Pizza Planet for tea/dinner at about 5:00pm, and it was nice and quiet.
The first day was a good day, nice and sunny (got sunburnt and now I'm slightly less pale  :) hehe) and we had somewhere to stay.

Second day wasn't as warm as the first day, and the park appear even more crowded! But we had an idea of getting a fast pass for Thunder Mountain then going on the ride as soon as we could, then getting another fast pass afterwards, so we were able to go on the ride a lovely quantity of times - - - 3 (which just so happens to be my favourite number)
Even though it rained really quite badly on the second day we had so much fun, went to see the Tarzan show, my mum loves it, so do I but I think she's more 'hardcore' than me!!  :lol:  :P

We went into the studios bought some stuff, I got loads of presents while I was on holiday and bought 2 Flasks! I saw them and just thought they were the best things! And I bought a Giggle Mickey =]
Took some photographs of the castle, and then watched the parades and fireworks.

All in all it was a really good holiday!
Ferry crossing on the way home was rough and I nearly fell over quite a few times...but... Disney Rocked!!!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Clarebelle

do you have any photos of the room at the dream castle? I'm glad you had a good time, how many days were you there for?
edit: doh sorry stupid question 3rd - 6th  :roll:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

burntsienna

sadly no, i did take some but my camera is on the brink of breaking and so it only stores some of the photos the rest are just red screens  :( i even did a video of the room that hasnt saved  :(
but i do have one of the Headboard   :lol: but thats it :(

Clarebelle

thanks ... fingers crossed I'll be staying there in march  :cheshire_bounce:  

I'm glad your bus driver sorted out the hotel for you! It must have been horrible not knowing where you were going to stay!

How was it going by ferry? do you always go on the ferry?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Hey

we were both there on the same days!:) Loved yoru pics and good report, i am glad you got the hotel sorted! I thought the parks were so busy, I have never seen it like that before it was madness!!

You can check out my small report on the Trip report section of the forum:)

glad you had a great time!

luv Aveen xoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

burntsienna

its alright, i thought the hotel was lovely! The room was a great size and so was the bathroom =]

Yeah it wasn't the nicest of feelings, I tried not to get angry but couldn't help it, so I turned quite sarcastic for a while, but didn't direct my anger at the driver cause it wasn't his fault, and he was trying to get us somewhere.
I think the worst thought was the fact that you'd spend a day in the park till or the village till about 11:30 - 12:00 and then you wouldn't be able to rest, or sleep propperly because you would have to re-pack everything and take it down to the coach earlier in the morning than you would have liked to wake up.
God bless the bus driver man!!  =D>  :mrgreen:

Yeah we always go by ferry, i absolutally love it! Though i did panic this time because the Captain made an announcement saying something about strong winds, rough seas and needing the staybalizers...so because i couldnt hear everything he'd said i was like  :shock:
haha, but even though it was pretty rough it was hilarous trying to walk about without falling over or into people  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Great report and pics burntsienna, thanks for sharing them :)