Famous Five, new Disney programme

Started by peep, March 20, 2008, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

BBC News story

I'm not quite sure what to think of this, should be ok, nice idea behind it.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Animation looks good, characters not bad, but what's going on with their accents?!

These are meant to be their sons/daughters in the grand Disney-TV-movie tradition it seems, so they can avoid silly names like Dick and Aunt Fanny. And all the women being relegated to making gateaus and picnics whilst manly Julian solves the crime. :lol:

Just so long as they still have lashings of ginger beer...

Owain

Never heard of this, it looks like another version of Scooby Doo !  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain"Never heard of this, it looks like another version of Scooby Doo !  :lol:
You've not heard of the original books, or just this Disney Channel series?

It is a lot like Scooby Doo with this update actually... I suppose DC wanted something to rival it.

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Owain"Never heard of this, it looks like another version of Scooby Doo !  :lol:
You've not heard of the original books, or just this Disney Channel series?
Nope, never heard of the books or the series .

Alpop

Quote from: "Baloo"Just so long as they still have lashings of ginger beer...

I wasn't sure if this was an actual famous 5 quote or "the Comic Strip Presents......" quote. But it was the first thing I said.......
Followed by "it looks just like Scooby Doo". Dare I say great minds think alike?

Anthony

Quote from: "Alpop"I wasn't sure if this was an actual famous 5 quote or "the Comic Strip Presents......" quote. But it was the first thing I said.......
Heheh.. the Comic Strip Presents version was probably the most entertaining one. I remember wanting to watch it when I was younger but being told I couldn't... soon found out why.

I can't believe you've never heard of the Famous Five, Owain!! I used to have these books read to me all the time, usually it goes "Uncle Quentin has been kidnapped by spies!" followed by "Golly gosh!!" followed by five chapters about what food they ate. :lol:

They showed another clip on Sky News and it looked pretty bad actually. They were being chased by some monster...??! I almost expected an abandoned theme park. Most interesting was a quick clip of the Disney Channel Europe manager with the Disney offices in the background. Always wondered what they're like (not very exciting).

AmericanMouse

I don't think Disney owns Famous Five.  That'd be Chlorion property as per Enid Blyton (of Noddy fame).

Still, it looks like it belongs on Disney.

never2old

I loved the Famous Five books when I was a kid!! I must have read them all tons of times!

I haven't watched the show yet, but I saw the adverts for it and was a bit dissapointed by it... It looked more childish than I remembered it...

Does anyone know when exactly it's on? I should really give it a proper try before criticising it too much....

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "never2old"I loved the Famous Five books when I was a kid!! I must have read them all tons of times

So did I. Enid Blyton was my hero because she kept on producing these great stories. I used to read them time and time again. The show should be interesting :)

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David