trip from 3rd March till 7th March

Started by britje, March 16, 2008, 09:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

britje

Hi everyone!

We are back from another wonderful trip to Disneyland Paris. Unfortunately I got sick just after we came back so I was not able to post any sooner :(

We were so happy to see that Autopia was finally running again when we visit that we spent some time in that attraction ha ha. We actually got to ride both tracks as on Thursday (and only on Thurdsday :?) they opened both tracks. I have to say that the most used track (if you stand in line it is the right one) is the best one with regards to views and the track itself. But it was really fun, too bad they don't have fast passes for this attraction. I think they could easily do it with the second track and all but they must have good reasons not to.

Buzz was also really popular but it was not too crowded, longest waiting time we had was about 45 minutes.

Big Thunder Mountain was out of order a lot of times :? We did get to ride it but of course it was busier then because of all the people who didn't got to ride it the day before.

Pirates had no waiting line at all unless you count the 5 minutes for embarking the boat.

For the first time in a few years we got to ride the fairytale boat again (can't seem to remember the real name of that attraction). So we did that twice just to cover the next year or so as well :)

Actually there was not a single attraction closed (except for keelboats which I never have seen anyway) in the Disneyland park while we were there. So I think we covered the whole park and spent most time in Buzz and Autopia (ha ha)

In the studios we got really lucky as an imagineer named Steve was there for the Stich attraction and they actually had soft openings on most afternoons (from 4th March till 7th March anyway). He did tell us that as it was not officially open we might encounter some technical problems but apart from doors opening when they shouldn't and a longer waiting time there was no bug. First time they had a sign with only a few show times (three in English and three in French)

And the line for the French version was already beginning

We had to wait for the English version but it was worth it :)

They actually just kind of wallpapered over the windows that used to show you the Disney television

The next few days they seemed to train more in French and always only in the afternoon

There about 14 shows then and only 3 of them in English :(
I hope when it officially opens it will be a better deal for us foreigners...

But it could be because there where not so many English speaking people in the park which made it hard to practise?  Anyway the show was very funny and we managed to get in twice  :D/

That really was the highlight of our trip. Of course Tower of terror and Crush coaster were popular too. Crush sometimes had waiting times of 75 minutes :? Tower of Terror is very accesible with the fast pass ;)

Oh I have to run again, no more time left to spend online.

Till next time!
"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I\'ll take my chances with the public" - Walt Disney

Soap

Thanks for sharing Britje! Nice read and it sounds that you had a great time!!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

pjulie75

You sound like you had a wonderful time, thanks for posting lovely pictures and I can't wait to go on Stitch :stitch:

The Butlin Boy

Welcome back, I'm glad you had a great time :)

Javey74

Yeah, thanks for sharing your report britje !

Nice photo's, you've got me interested in seeing Stitch Live now, and yes hopefully they will have more shows in English.

Looking forward to more of your report when you have time to type it up.  :D