Malin's DLRP Trip Report 29th of Febuary to March 2nd 2008

Started by Malin, March 06, 2008, 05:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

Saturday the 1st of March

Part 6

After lunch I made a quick trip over to Phantom Manor as its a great attraction and the wait is never too long. I just wished it was looked after better, but I've heard a refurbishment is scheduled for June.

Next my FastPass for Big Thunder Mountain was due so I made my way to the entrance. It was nice to see CastMembers being strict on the rules here by refusing many people who turned up too early for there window.

By now it was getting quite late and I wanted to try out the new Tower of Terror on this trip so I made my way over to the Studios for a quick visit.

Sadly my time was limited here as I wanted to get back over to Disneyland Park to watch the last performance of Mickey's Winter Wonderland. My first stop was Tower of Terror to pick up a FP for later on. The line for this new attraction was a respectable 45 minutes. With FP in hand I checked out the new placemaking, and I have to admit a job well done. This park is starting to resemble a real Disney park, lets hope the rumoured Theatre District get the thumbs up soon.

While I was waiting for my window I visited Toon Studios. Joined the 50 minute line for the fun Crush Coaster.

As I was taking some pictures of the Cars attraction, I spotted The Incredible's and Mickey posing for pics.

Next was my return window for Tower of Terror, I have heard that 2 differnt versions of the ride is available with either French or English on offer. I was going to request an English show but in the end decided to go with what ever I was given. This was the French version and I'm happy I did as the French voice over was very good and really added to the attraction. This attraction is almost the same as the current version at Disney's California Adventure and is a fun ride, and very much welcome addition to the Studios. Hopely this will be the attraction will turn around the Resorts luck.

On the way out you pass through the gift shop which was stocked with a large selection of TOT gifts. To say this is the new attraction I was a bit shocked to only find it available for sale in one shop through out the Resort.

Time was getting on and I only had about 15 minutes before the start of Mickey's Winter Wonderland. So I power walked back over to DLP and I noticed the parade was in show mode on Main Street and stopped by a couple of secs before cutting through the indoor arcades.

I made it to the theatre with moments to spare. The show was a lot of fun and sadly it was performing for the last Weekend before Tarzan returns for the Summer. But don't worry I'm sure this show will be back this winter. Mickey and Minnie ice skating was very cute.

Next I walked through Adventureland

My next plan was to do some shopping over in the Village, and dropping it of in my suite before returning to the park. I arrived back about 7.20 to find loads of people already leaving. Did none of these people realise the park was open till 10 tonight with a Fireworks display.  

I had one of those foot long hotdogs and a coke before making my way over to Fantasyland. I did a trip on Its a Small World which was looking clean and fresh but a lot of AA's not working. Finally I made the short walk over to Adventureland to enjoy many front row trips on POTC. We were given the option of staying on as many time as we liked. A tip this attraction is always a walk on late at night and its best to ride during this time. Upon leaving POTC I noticed a lot of areas being closed of due to the fireworks and I decided I should also make my way over to Main Street.

This years Fireworks for St David's Day were titled Dreams in the Sky, and the music was from Fantasmic. Beautiful display and a great way to end what had been a very enjoyable day at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Final part coming soon.

Malin

Sunday the 2nd of March

Part 7

I woke up about 8.00am and got ready to leave. Made my way to reception to store my lugage hand in my room key card. Reception was packed with many also wanting to leave bags behind and what seems like hundreds of people wishing to check in. As most rooms were unavailable yet the left bagage area is full and rooms were being moved to another room across the hotel complex. Great to see the Resort so busy.

I first walked over to the train station to pre pay for my RER and Metro train tickets for use later in the day. I than walked back over to the Studios and made it to the first showing of the day of the Stunt Show. Not seen this show since 2003 but its hardly changed at all. Stunts are all well produced but some parts do drag on.

After the show I left to leave the park passing by Studios 1, where I had a quick counter service meal. While enjoying my grilled chicken sandwich, the resturant started to fill up. Upstairs wasn't open but many people were looking around for a table to sit.  

I was running out of time and made a quick visit to DLP to ride a couple of attractions, namely Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain.

Leaving the Manor I made a short side trip to one of the hidden treasures of DLRP, Boot Hill.

I was running out of time so started to make my way over to the exit. On the way I ran into The Character Express.

I than left the park, walked over to the Seqouia Lodge to grab my bag and was on a train back to the Centre of Paris by 2.00pm. I hope you enjoyed my trip report of Disneyland Paris, I will be in Hong Kong around May so expect another trip report plus pictures than. As for DLRP the Resort is in good shape and credit has to go out to Karl Holz and his management team for the great job there have been doing. While not everything is perfect, the Resort has shown huge improvement and I can only hope that it will continue this year with the opening of Tower of Terror and Stitch Live. I hope to be back maybe later in the year, possibly November for Christmas and I can't wait.

pjulie75

Superb report =D>  thoroughly enjoyed it and really excited about my trip.  I am staying at Sequoia too :D/

Javey74

Thankyou for sharing the rest of your report and pics, absolutely fantastic... :D/  =D>

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic report and photos, thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading it :)

toonarmylass

i must say i loved this report the pictures were amazing. would you mind if i pinched your castle all lit up picture as it is mine and matthews favorite and he would like it on his pc as a walpaper.!!!! =D>  =D>  =D>

Malin

Thanks for asking first toonarmylass and of course you can use the pic. And thanks for all the kind words from the rest of you, happy you enjoyed it.

Riebi

Quote from: "Malin"
Quote from: "Riebi"Sounds like a great trip!  :mrgreen:  thanks for sharing! I think Phantom Manor will looking much better next time cause there should be a bigger rehab in juin.

Cool is that when the next scheduled rehab of Phantom Manor is, I certainly hope the attraction gets the much needed work it deserves. How long is it due to go down for in June?

On Disney Central Plaza they have some concret dates  :D

Phantom Manor du 2 au 13/06
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...