[DCA] Pixar Play Parade

Started by Kristof, February 29, 2008, 05:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

So as you all might know will the Pixar Block Party Bash be replaced within a few weeks by the Pixar Play Parade.  A video showing off concept art has hit YouTube:

[youtube:2h3thtg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=859dqsnV-sk[/youtube:2h3thtg8]

Anthony

It doesn't look very special to me. 8-[ And like you once said, I'd get really annoyed if the parade floats started spraying me with water - what if people are filming/taking photos?

Having said that, MouseTimes got a photo of a Ratatouille float a while back (when magicforum was down) which looks quite nice:

http://mousetimes.com/dlrpictorials/200 ... ndex8.html

It's just a bit samey though, isn't it?

The Butlin Boy

It doesn't look too bad, it'll be interesting to see just how fun it is compared to their expectations :)

Owain

Malin

Parade looks good and I'm very interested in seeing final product, may require a trip out to DCA later this year I think.

Baloo I'm sure you can expect plenty of warnings of where to stand and where not to stand. The water parades in Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney parks have differnt areas, wet zones and dry zones.

DisneyParksFan

I'll be at DCA towards the end of the month, maybe I'll capture some photos...that is if I view the parade.

The Butlin Boy

The Pixar Play Parade began it's rehearsals the other day, you can loads of pictures at the link below:

:arrow: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.p ... 92017.html

It looks surprisingly good actually. The Jack Jack effect is pretty cool isn't it:

It's just a shame that Cars didn't get a proper float, instead of just Lightning and Mater at the end, especially with Cars land on the way :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"It looks surprisingly good actually. The Jack Jack effect is pretty cool isn't it:
Very cool!! The Incredibles section looks great, just like the film and design of the 2D end credits.

Sulley's giant bike to open looks good, but the rest of the parade doesn't really grab me. It's probably just a personal thing that I prefer the floats more like OUADP (less plastic, more textured, and better designed), but the Toy Story ones here look a complete mess, with horrible Tokyo Disneyland-style plastic costumes. In my opinion anyway. :wink:

An improvement on Block Party Bash though - it might be the first DCA parade that doesn't painfully try to be so "hip" and "with it". :P

What music does it use? :)

Malin

Some of the music is from Mickey's Waterworks Parade at Hong Kong Disneyland. I've also heard a bit of Don't stop me now, originally done by Queen.

I would just like to point out this is only a preview so many things may change by Friday. I hear that an actual Cars float unit is planned for the parade but know one seems to know why it hasn't turned up yet. Personally I love the Ratatouille float.

Video can be found below but warning quality isn't the best, but it gives you a rough idea how the parade will play out.

[youtube:nrbamdlj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWh3mXWt84[/youtube:nrbamdlj]

[youtube:nrbamdlj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWzMDIIy-s[/youtube:nrbamdlj]

Soap

I really like it! Great pictures and vids.  :D
I guess it's really personal Baloo, cause it really looks colourful and happy in my humble opinion ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Quote from: "Soap"I guess it's really personal Baloo, cause it really looks colourful and happy in my humble opinion ;)
Oh yeah, it's very colourful and happy! Maybe I'm just being really grumpy...

It just seems like a parade is such a big investment that it could have been something a bit different or new. Having said that, it's probably more original than Stars & Motor Cars or DCP or WWODP, and it looks like DCA really needs a plain good, popular, parade. Nothing too weird like Eureka or too cheesy like Block Party.

I can imagine it fitting in well at WDS, if they parade shuffle again.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"I can imagine it fitting in well at WDS, if they parade shuffle again.

So you could imagine a parade that sprays people with a lot of water at the WDS...?

Well, I guess that would at least drive up sales on ponchos and dry clothing on those cold autumn / winter / spring and occasional summer days...  :wink:

Anthony

:P That's the last time I try to say something nice about a parade I don't like!

The water sprays are only on the Ratatouille float though, aren't they? And I'm sure they can be turned off.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo":P That's the last time I try to say something nice about a parade I don't like!

The water sprays are only on the Ratatouille float though, aren't they? And I'm sure they can be turned off.

No, every parade float has that water feature...  :wink:

But I guess I know what you mean: a parade of similar artistic design (not necessarily concept) would be very welcomed. (Well, maybe not by you...  :P) The parade is quite "light" (which I think is what you don't like... you weren't a big fan of DCP either, were you?) and something similar could work very well at WDS...

TowMater

On March 19th, A piece off the Bug's Life float fell off and landed in the audience, Minor injuries so the parade is cancelled until 22nd March, Since this there isn't no Bug's Life float, No rats on the bungees, A few dead rats are removed and the actrobats on Toy Story float are removed and replaced by plastic monkeys and a new section for the Toy Story until has been added.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-618-1.asp
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century