Old Disneyland Park parades

Started by lil-shawn, March 07, 2009, 07:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

hey ya folks,

do you remember in the smal Parades from Aladdin in 1994 and Hercules in 1998?
dont know if they had one for lion king or other movies...
i think disney should bring this idea back to the parks, a little parade
to promote the upcoming disney movie like (princes and the frog ect.)

Riebi

Yes! They were great!!! Also the hunchback parade was great! This little parades were always a big + to the park!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

lil-shawn

Jens

On the topic of the old parades... Does anyone know where or on which CD I can get the song (or even what the name is of the song) that is played in this video:

[dailymotion:1l03uukb]x2pr81_mousybebackintime19941_family[/dailymotion:1l03uukb]

Strange choices of characters on the floats in this video by the way... Tigger in Roger Rabbit's car and White Rabbit on Hook's ship? :P

DLP-Photos.com

These Parades where awesome - iclearly remember the Aladdin and Hercules parades from my early trips and I seem to remember some kind of Toy Story Parade too, but I might be wrong on this.

But I agree bring these back, maybe just as a little pre parade with one/two floats like the Halloween Pre Parade. The floats has to be done properly though, not like the "DVD-promoting floats" I have seen from the US parks (although the Ratatouille one was quite good).
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Kristof

Mouetto posted a video of the Hunchback of Notre Dame parade on his Dailymotion account:

[dailymotion:23t3rhq3]x2bt1j[/dailymotion:23t3rhq3]

The parade starts at 03:00!

Riebi

the hunchback parade was one of the best! =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

TowMater

Quote from: "Jens"On the topic of the old parades... Does anyone know where or on which CD I can get the song (or even what the name is of the song) that is played in this video:

[dailymotion:2cgez4wu]x2pr81_mousybebackintime19941_family[/dailymotion:2cgez4wu]

Strange choices of characters on the floats in this video by the way... Tigger in Roger Rabbit's car and White Rabbit on Hook's ship? :P

Did that have a Lion King ending?

Well I have no idea what the name of the song is but the name of the Parade is Disney Classics Parade.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

*Jess*

I really liked the little Toy Story parade in 1996 and especially the green soldiers :-)
Their feet had been even attached on such a green plate like the plastic ones in the movie (shouldn't be easy to walk like that) and they had a big parachute floating in the air...
+ it was my first time that I visited Disneyland for 3 days!

CentralPlazaPerson

With the amount of parade DLRP has had over the years, were do old parade floats go to?
One more thing, what happened to Roger Rabbit?

Kristof

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"With the amount of parade DLRP has had over the years, were do old parade floats go to?
One more thing, what happened to Roger Rabbit?

Well they get destroyed...

[spoiler:20jnu8p2]Either crushed with a large machine or burned.[/spoiler:20jnu8p2]

Roger Rabbit probably disappeared because of licensing issues with Steven Spielberg's company.

CentralPlazaPerson

ahhhhhhh!!! :shock:
lol
Shame I never saw roger rabbit in character :roll:
I remember these pink hippos, what were they about?