It's a small world

Started by SparrowsGirl, February 24, 2008, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparrowsGirl

Hi
I believe It's a small world has recently had a rehab, has anyone been since?
When i went last year alot of the animatronics were not working or had been removed  :( i was just wondering if it was all fully working again?

Malin

From what I gather the refurb for Its a Small World was only one day.

Patrick

Quote from: "Malin"From what I gather the refurb for Its a Small World was only one day.
The Small World rehab was a week or 2 week thing I think, but I don't know if anything has changed at all.

Malin

Oh my apologies I just read on both dlrpmagic.com and the official website that the refurb was for one day only. http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/closu ... bishments/

Anthony

It was closed the two weeks at the end of January, so it just slipped off the calendar except for Feb 1st. :wink:

Owain

As this is a IASW topic, i was wondering. How come the paris is much shorter than the rest of the resorts ?

Kristof

Because they had to use concrete walls due to building restrictions.  Same reason why Snow White and Pinocchio are on the short side.

How does the wall material impact the size of a ride?

peep

^One would assume that concrete walls are thicker than the other type of material wall they use. Still quite odd though.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Kristof

It's obviously not just the thickness of the walls.  A concrete structures has a totally different design compared to a metal frame building.  It would need different support  beams etc.

Right, obviously :roll:

SparrowsGirl

That so made me laugh :lol:

So anyway has anyone been recently and noticed everything working in there?

Kristof

Quote from: "131184"Right, obviously :roll:

Yes?

"Don't spam the topics by just posting short answers (yes/no, ...)"
(Magicforum rules) :D

Kristof

Quite an attitude for someone who has just 9 posts.  

I have said this before, if there are members that can't show respect for the people that run this place (the admin or the mods), then just search yourself another message board.

Closing topic.