What ride should never come to Paris?

Started by Kristof, June 30, 2005, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

What ride do YOU think should never, ever be cloned to Paris?  :?:  :idea:

Patrick

Well here's a few since I don't like to stick to one :lol:
1st the most irritating ride Winnie the Pooh please hopefully will never make it to Paris.

2nd maybe Mission Space since it has had too much bad press in the US and would in a way make DLRP reputation go worse.

and since things always come in a 3 maybe Gadget's Go Go Coaster :lol: , so yeah they would nevert fit in or be very good in Europe, maybe though gadget's coaster could be made to fit theme wise in WDS though :wink: .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"and since things always come in a 3 maybe Gadget's Go Go Coaster :lol: , so yeah they would nevert fit in or be very good in Europe, maybe though gadget's coaster could be made to fit theme wise in WDS though :wink: .
Definately!  I really can't see why this coaster is so popular - it looks awful!  Same goes for Goofy's Barnstormer.  If we ever get Toon Town, I hope they go for something better themed...

I also obviously don't want Superstar Limo in Paris, and probably quite a lot of Epcot should never be rebuilt anywhere else.  Also, whilst Jungle Cruise looks cool in the other resorts, it should never be built in Paris.  From what I've seen in videos, the ride is made good by the commentary from the CM, and that'd never work in Paris.  Without the commentary it'd be dull - like STT but without a big set piece like Catastrophe Canyon.

I'll see if I can think of a few more...  :wink:

Kristof

*bump*

Anyone else?

davewasbaloo

Hmmm - these are the following I would not want to see in Paris:

The Paradise Pier attractions
A bugs Land
Jungle Cruise for reasons stated above
Winnie the Pooh (unless it's the Tokyo version)
Philharmagic - I would much rather than Muppets or ITTBAB
Pooh Playground
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Alice in wonderland dark ride (yawn)
Toon Town now that we are getting Toon Studios.
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular/Sounds Dangerous
Dinorama

I would like Splash Mountain
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye
Test Track/Journey to the Centre of the Earth technology
Country Bears
Carousel of Progress
Spaceship Earth
Something like the American Adventure but about Europe
Kilimenjaro Safari and Expedition Everest
Soarin'
Muppetvision/ITTBAB
Fantasmic (California Style)
Real Fireworks (never happen)
Disneyquest
House of Blues
Hotels as amazing as the Grand Californian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge.
Fun table service restaurants like Sci Fi Dine In.
since 2001 (many before that)

Japper

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Fantasmic (California Style)

What do people have against the orlando version :S What's the big difference
anyway?   :?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Japper"

If you have never seen the Californian version, then you probably not know what you are missing (just like someone who has had sweet things, just never made from sugar).

The California Version is a much bigger scale on the Rivers of America.  Instead of a little toy boat, they use the Mark Twain and fill it with characters.  They have a pirate battle between Peter Pan and Capt Hook instead of the Pocahontas bit too.  And there seems to be less reliance on the animated clips on the mist screens to tell the story.  While it is cool to have benches to sit on in Florida, I do like the fact that where  guests were playing during the day becomes the setting of this grand show.  Fantastic!  or is that Fantasmic?  :lol:

Japper

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Japper"

If you have never seen the Californian version, then you probably not know what you are missing (just like someone who has had sweet things, just never made from sugar).

The California Version is a much bigger scale on the Rivers of America.  Instead of a little toy boat, they use the Mark Twain and fill it with characters.  They have a pirate battle between Peter Pan and Capt Hook instead of the Pocahontas bit too.  And there seems to be less reliance on the animated clips on the mist screens to tell the story.  While it is cool to have benches to sit on in Florida, I do like the fact that where  guests were playing during the day becomes the setting of this grand show.  Fantastic!  or is that Fantasmic?  :lol:

So in California you stand? :D:P

Btw , I really wish for Philharmagic to come to WDS!
But the Tiki Room should never come :P

(sorry for the bad english)

Owain

Primeval whirl, there to common in europe  :x

Masamune

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Hmmm - these are the following I would not want to see in Paris:

The Paradise Pier attractions
A bugs Land
Jungle Cruise for reasons stated above
Winnie the Pooh (unless it's the Tokyo version)
Philharmagic - I would much rather than Muppets or ITTBAB
Pooh Playground
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Alice in wonderland dark ride (yawn)
Toon Town now that we are getting Toon Studios.
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular/Sounds Dangerous
Dinorama

I would like Splash Mountain
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye
Test Track/Journey to the Centre of the Earth technology
Country Bears
Carousel of Progress
Spaceship Earth
Something like the American Adventure but about Europe
Kilimenjaro Safari and Expedition Everest
Soarin'
Muppetvision/ITTBAB
Fantasmic (California Style)
Real Fireworks (never happen)
Disneyquest
House of Blues
Hotels as amazing as the Grand Californian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge.
Fun table service restaurants like Sci Fi Dine In.
:shock: There's an Alice in Wonderland RIDE somewhere?! Where?!

Maarten

Quote:shock: There's an Alice in Wonderland RIDE somewhere?! Where?!

It can be found in the original Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Masamune"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo":shock: There's an Alice in Wonderland RIDE somewhere?! Where?!

The original ride opened in California in 1958 and then was remodelled in 1983 as a part of the Fantasyland refurbishment.  The tea cups were moved to be near to it, creating a mini Alice in Wonderland area consisting of the dark ride, the tea cups and the Mad Hatter Hat shop where one can get their Mouse Ears embroidered.  This is between Mr Toad's Wild Ride and the Matterhorn.

Storybook land canal boat at DL also has a tribute with Alice's village including the minerature tree where she falls asleep and the rabbit hole.

As for the dark ride, you board caterpillars outside, and the track is interesting as it covers too levels.  Like Pinnochio and Snow White at DLP,  it takes you through various scenes such as Tuggley Wood, the Mad TEa Party, the Croquet game etc.  As an Alice Fan, you might like it. It similar to the rip off ride at Blackpool.

Once agian, it is one of the many unique things that can only be found at DL.

http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dl/alice.htm

Video:
http://www.clickcaster.com/podcast/view/38534

Also, as an Alica Fan - are you aware of the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in TDL - It's between the Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World.

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID503130.asp

Masamune

:cry: I've been to Disneyland in California, but I don't even remember that! *Sad* :( They've got such an adorable Cheshire statue as well. *Pokes the pictures* I don't understand how the Hell I missed that. Maybe it was closed when I went? :?

:) The Queen of Hearts thing looks awesome as well, but I don't think I'll ever end up going to TDL. :oops:

(( :lol: PS, I like the Alice ride at Blackpool. ))

Riebi

I don´t like to see this dino-land-rubbish, like the time-twister (???), from Animal kingdom :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Dlrpfan

Prime evil wheal or Mulholland Madness because it looks cheep and tack and gives you incredible bad neck ache once you exit.
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012