Karl Holz

Started by Malin, March 12, 2008, 10:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

I'm just wondering what the general impression is of current chairman and CEO of Euro Disney SCA, Karl Holz. I was reading an article on DLRPToday about Mr Holz attending an advance screening of Stitch Live and how it appears to be easier to spot him in the parks than many of the other Disney Presidents and Managers around the world. It also seems to me under his leadership we have seen better maintenance and the return of old favourites like the Keel Boats. So is he well liked by his CastMembers and are all the positive improvements we have seen lately down to him, because he certainly doesn't get a great deal of praise online when maybe he should do.

Your Throughts?

Javey74

Yes I agree, he has a lot of respect from cast members and seems to understand the fundamentals of what is required within the parks.  Someone with a level head with wise decision making, which in my opinion comes from a lot of listening to the right people,  us included.  :wink:

Anthony

I've been saying for a long time that compared to other resort presidents he should have his own fan club. Fans of DLR went crazy over Matt Ouimet, but Karl Holz has done pretty much the same for DLRP with little to no mention. I suppose, generally, those big US websites don't mention DLRP much at all anyway. And when they do they call it by the wrong name and speak very vaguely about everything.

Now things are definitely not perfect at DLRP (they can only get themselves into so much extra debt I suppose), but I can actually barely recognise the place compared to my first visits in 2000 and 2001 (when Jay Rasulo *shudders* was in command). There's more and better entertainment, better merchandise, REAL PROPER new attractions (not half-baked 2nd parks or Indy Backwards), great schemes like Extra Magic Hours, amazing advertising, etc etc. Everything is going really well.

So hurrah! for Karl Holz, his management team, the Imagineers, the Cast Members.

Maybe we need to start our own cult following?

Nala_84

I liked Indy Backwards very much :mrgreen:

Since when is Karl Holz the chairman/CEO of DLRP? I can really subscribe your words, DLRP is really improving quality (although Germans are still neglected more and more, but that's not DLRP's fault I think)!
Where does Karl come from? His name sounds so German/Austrian/Swiss or so ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Soap

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Holz
Karl Holz is the current chairman and CEO of Euro Disney SCA, the company that oversees Disneyland Resort Paris in Marne-la-Vallée, France.

Holz was previously senior vice president of operations at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, before being promoted to president of Disney Cruise Line. In 2004 Holz became chief operating officer at Euro Disney SCA, and in May 2005 was promoted after Andre Lacroix resigned.

Born in Hinzweiler, Germany, he is married to his college sweetheart, Wendy, who lives with him in France. He has two children who both live in the United States. A daughter recently graduated from law school, and his son is in architecture school.

Here's your answer nala ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Dlrpfan

yup Malin completly agreeing with you. Karl Holz seems too appear every month in the parks compared to WDW's president Meg Croften who is rarely seen only at opening's of new attractions
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Nala_84

Hehe, thank you, Soap :)!

So he's a guy born in Germany, but a very international person ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Riebi

I just can say: I like Karl and the way he push the resort in the right direction.

Hinzweiler isn´t such far away from me. Maybe I should take a journee to lit a candle.  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...