Your Disney Pin Collection

Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orsie

Thanks, I don't have many as: a) I'm 12 (which you may or may not know) and b) I started in 2008 and you can see how many times I've been in my signature below. I only used to buy them at DLP but in February I bought the UK muppets pin from my local Disney store and I am looking into the mail order service for any I like on the release schedule. I can now start collecting pins more now (along with some vinylmation) as for the past year I have been buying loads of Marvel comics but I am now cutting down  from about 10 a month to 3 a month to pursue my interest in Disney collectibles. I have also found some good sellers on eBay so I can get some from across the pond. Thank you for reading my long and slightly pointless paragraph but, you know, I only just woke up and you can't tell how much you have written on your iPod touch.

On a slightly more interesting note, I am a big fan of PIXAR and can't wait to go and see Brave but I am quite shocked at the pins of the movie as they either have an ugly gold border or a focus on Merida!
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

Ezra

I trade mostly via post as I don't get to the theme parks much. I usually trade internationally as a lot of the pins I want are from the US parks (Hitchhiking Ghosts etc.).

Anyhow, had a mail day today; this lot is from two different trades;

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

orsie

I like the chewie one, but I just can't figure out who is in that suit...
Previous Disney Trips

DisneyOlivia

What an excellent mail day Ezra. Some really original pins there !

Ezra

@Orsie:  :mrgreen: Goofy.

@Olivia: Thanks!  :D I got a new Phantom Manor pin today too; I'll get a pic of the pin posted here tomorrow or something.

orsie

I thought it was goofy but I wasn't quite sure because of the expression on his face!
Previous Disney Trips

orsie

@Ezra, I just checked your Pin Pics, you have loads! You have a great collection of Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor! You also have some other neat pins! Have you ever used the Mail Order Service? If you have can you tell me how it works and how it works if you are ordering LE (or EL) pins.
Thanks!
Previous Disney Trips

Ezra

Thanks! And do you mean mail order as in from the Disney Store? I order pins from the Disney Store quite often to use as traders. You're only allowed to buy two of an LE pin though. But if you mean mail order from Disneyland Paris; I haven't done it myself yet but I know how it works. Again you can only order two of an LE pin, however you may order as many as you like of Open Edition/Core pins. It can take up to a month for them to send it to you though I think. Oh but you can't order pins that are PTE specific.

Anyhow; here is the Phantom Manor pin I got yesterday:

:mrgreen:

orsie

That Stitch ghost is so awesome!!!! I actually meant from DLP but thanks for the info on Disney Store. I was just about to write what does PTE mean but it just clicked in my head as Pin Trading Event! I have never traded before as I only ever buy the pins that I want (from Paris) but buying them from the Disney Store is a great idea as when you take them to the parks, they will be quite rare (especially with the edition sizes). I was thinking of buying the Brave pin from the Disney Store as I am going to start focusing on collecting Phineas and Ferb and anything P.I.X.A.R when I am not at the parks but I thought it looked a bit girly. Now that you say this, it reminds me the whole idea of Pin 'Trading', if I find it to not suit me, I can trade it! But as I said previously I have a few Marvel comics to get before I can start focusing on Pins and Vinylmation.
Previous Disney Trips

Ezra

Ah okay and thanks! And yep trading pins is a good way to get rarer pins for your collection. Using the Disney Store pins as traders is a good idea. I keep my trader pins seperate from my collection so I know which pins I'm willing to trade and which I want to keep.

petals

I have two magic around the world pins for trade if anyone looking for them

Ezra

I got these pins today!

:mrgreen:

orsie

That phantom manor one is quite cool! Was that from the trade event?
Previous Disney Trips

Ezra

Thanks!  :mrgreen:  Its the one that was released before the PTE; the LE 1000, a very similar pin was released at the event which was a lower LE.

orsie

Does anyone know when the release schedule for next month will come out?
Previous Disney Trips