[TDR] Tokyo Disney Resort 25th Anniversary

Started by Owain, February 03, 2008, 01:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

From Disneytheque;
QuoteAs of April 15, 2008 will begin the festivities of the 25th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort. Discover the program of this festival, as well as what's to come ...

11 november 2007
Using google translate;    
This is the first drawing of the tank opening of the new parade Jubilation!

Photo : Jtcent.com

Under the slogan Open your Dreams that will be placed this great celebration which will begin on April 15, 2008 and ended on April 14, 2009. Spreading over a year, this anniversary is an opportunity to launch on April 15 when a whole new parade on behalf very evocative: Jubilation! The festival continues July 8 with the opening of Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and October 1st, it will be the first large of the Cirque du Soleil in a theater specifically designed for the show by Tokyo Disney Resort.

Of course, in parallel with these launches, we will find the various events that normally take place in the park such as Halloween, Christmas etc but also new as Disney Art Festival (April 15 to August 31). More info soon ...

From Disneytheque;
//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/88-En-route-pour-les-25-ans-!.html

SMCD

Cool concept art. Looking forward to see the parade on my visit in May.

The Butlin Boy

More concept art has appeared online:

:arrow: Picture

It does look fantastic doesn't it :)

Source: Disneytheque

Owain

Pixar sure plays a big part in this parade. Nemo, Incredibles, Monsters Inc. and Toy Story  :)

Malin

Jubilation is going to be something else and I can't wait to see the final product. By the way the art showing all the floats was an original piece of artwork that was auctioned off during the recent Tokyo Disney Resort Fan Festival. I would just like to point out these images are from a much earlier draft of the parade. The Nemo float has been replaced by a Peter Pan float and the Incredibles are no longer riding an actual float but small flying saucer type devices. Other smaller details are also incorrect, I'm afraid.

This parade will also not feature a parade stop!

MAVERICK

that concept art looks really cool if the rest of the parade looks that good it will be a hell of a parade.

Soap

Looking very fresh and promising!
But Malin, maybe some more new intresting changes? Maybe some pictures/art links?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Malin

Hi Soap, more concept art is scheduled to be featured in Issue 12 of the LaughingPlace Magazine. By the way something new to report regarding the TDR 25th Anniversary is a new Fireworks show Dreams.

SMCD

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"More concept art has appeared online:

:arrow: Picture

It does look fantastic doesn't it :)

Source: Disneytheque

Love the concept art. It looks really classy and artistic.

Quote from: "Malin"Hi Soap, more concept art is scheduled to be featured in Issue 12 of the LaughingPlace Magazine. By the way something new to report regarding the TDR 25th Anniversary is a new Fireworks show Dreams.

Dreams, eh? That's original. :wink:  Anyway, do you know what to expect of the show? The fireworks were maybe the only disappointing aspect of my visit last year.

TowMater

I could see the Pixar floats being similar to the ones at Pixar Play Parade inculding with the Incredibles & Finding Nemo.

The Lion King/Jungle Book/Tarzan unit would look really crowded up with all of those people dressed like animals lifting birds up and giraffes and hippos and snakes but the float looks really great and so does the others.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Malin

Jubilation the new parade for the 25th Anniversary has started previews.

[youtube:3ffstfzu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbvaR-Glvcw[/youtube:3ffstfzu]

[youtube:3ffstfzu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oF8PzaHrSA[/youtube:3ffstfzu]

MinniesBestPal

YOU MEAN MINNIE GETS HER OWN FLOAT? WOW! THIS IS AWESOME! Wish I was going to Tokyo!

Minnie's dress is so pretty!!!

Martinator

i wouldn't mind tiggr's job on the pooh float!

MinniesBestPal

Quotei wouldn't mind tiggr's job on the pooh float!

I want peter pans job!

Owain

The parade floats are AMAZING, i love that swinging ship with peter pan on it.

But EWWW  :oops:, the high school musical add in on the song is so CHEESEY !