[TDR] Tokyo Disney Resort 25th Anniversary

Started by Owain, February 03, 2008, 01:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

It's like a weird combination of Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade and the Pixar Play Parade :lol:

I definitely prefer ours to theirs, its so much better. And like Owen said, the music :-s

TowMater

I like the idea of Tigger bouncing up and down with a bungee in his tail but the floats are so close to eachother.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

experiment627

Seriously... this parade is amazingly - overdone.

There just seems to be too much of it: too much of amazing floats, too much of amazing costumes, too much musical elements... in the end, it looks like a weird mish-mash, bordering bad taste, in my humble opinion...

I don't know... there's just something with the stuff that Tokyo is producing lately that I find extremely overdone... like a badly decorated pink Christmas tree...

TowMater

Quote from: "experiment627"Seriously... this parade is amazingly - overdone.

There just seems to be too much of it: too much of amazing floats, too much of amazing costumes, too much musical elements... in the end, it looks like a weird mish-mash, bordering bad taste, in my humble opinion...

I don't know... there's just something with the stuff that Tokyo is producing lately that I find extremely overdone... like a badly decorated pink Christmas tree...

I have to agree with that a bit, It's not too cheesy like Block Party Bash, There isn't floats that look like plastic like Pixar Play Parade but I do find it quite wired and too many actrobats and I don't want the same thing happening like Pixar Play Parade.

Previous Disney Visits

Anthony

Hear hear!

I often think it's just that I've grown up only knowing of DLRP and their more humble budgets... but it can't be. I'd take OUADP over this parade any day. With OUADP it's a good show but more human-sized, more intimate. Fewer performers, yes, but parades like this at Tokyo feel so big, so loud that you must be a bit disconnected from them. Which kind of defeats the point of a Disney parade for me. All that said, this is probably just a big cultural difference and exactly what the audience over there wants.

So I've said it before and I'll say it again -- imagine what DLRP would do with a budget like this.
(Use better parade stop music than "What time is it", for a start...)

TowMater

Quote from: "Baloo"

Hear hear!

I often think it's just that I've grown up only knowing of DLRP and their more humble budgets... but it can't be. I'd take OUADP over this parade any day. With OUADP it's a good show but more human-sized, more intimate. Fewer performers, yes, but parades like this at Tokyo feel so big, so loud that you must be a bit disconnected from them. Which kind of defeats the point of a Disney parade for me. All that said, this is probably just a big cultural difference and exactly what the audience over there wants.

So I've said it before and I'll say it again -- imagine what DLRP would do with a budget like this.

As a HSM fan like me, I've now grown out of it but when I heard it I just said "Oh God!", How about a Tokyo version of 'Just Like We Dreamed It'?

Previous Disney Visits

Riebi

Same here!

I don´t know especial why but this parade don´t get me. I like some parts very much but all together and then this "music". Very strange. But maybe they have another taste over there like baloo said.

I just can say that I´m very happy to be near to DLRP and see the in my eyes miles better OUADP. This at tokyo looks for me like a try to make it better which get totally in the wrong direction. Bigger, louder but sooooo ugly in this. :(
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

TowMater

They even need to do something about the Jungle float & Peter Pan float, Simba is standing on some kind of dragon and that curved yellow thing that supports the ship looks like a banana.

Previous Disney Visits

SMCD

I'm planning not to ruin the surprise when I get there, so I can't comment on the parade videos. But does anyone know anything about the new fireworks show that are supposed to premiere tonight? I can't seem to find any information about it, and was wondering what the scale of it will be.

And I don really get the criticism on the castle decorations on this board. Maybe the Paris one is better, but I saw a video of Tokyo's decorations at night, and they have some fancy lighting technology that looked really good.

Riebi

Quote from: "SMCD"And I don really get the criticism on the castle decorations on this board. Maybe the Paris one is better, but I saw a video of Tokyo's decorations at night, and they have some fancy lighting technology that looked really good.

I think that´s because most expected something really great and powerfull cause Tokyo has so much money and could spend a very much higher budget for the birthday. And so it´s maybe a bit dissapointment about a more tacky decoration then in a park where money isn´t always there. Despite such hard financial times DLRP makes a better deco. That´s hard to understand :wink:

For me: I was a bit dissapoint cause I expected something extremly stunning after the 15. of DLRP. Something that breaks again the border of magic set by DLRP last year. But that isn´t happend :cry:  And I wished it so much :(

On the other hand it must be possible to criticize Tokyo Disney Resort for some things that aren´t such wonderful as in other parks worldwide. I mean you can read in many forums strange comparison between DLRP and TDR. "Wow DLRP has such wonderful decorations and a wonderful parade" "Yes but Tokyo Disney Resort makes it better" is an often read phrase. So why not saying when DLRP turns the tables.  :mrgreen:

It´s a bit strange for me that you can get paddywhacks from everywhere if you say some harmless criticism against TDR. That can´t be the right way and it can´t be good for the resort. The should have the ear on the street and react. If there´s some criticism possible after so much years of endless and stunning magic there must have gone something wrong in the shorter past. Tokyo Disney Resort was always a benchmark for me. But thats a hard possition for a resort and maybe it couldn´t always be the top position player it was in the past.  :wink:

But the next 25 will show this! Wouldn´t write so much as I have now :lol:

So let me say: I wish the very best for the resort! Hope the next 25 years shares a lot of magic with us!

And cause today is exactly your Birthday I just can say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGICAL TOKYO DISNEY RESORT
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

empaire

Good because I caught the celebrations of the 50 anniversary in WDW, then the 15 anniversary in DLRP and now within 3 months I will be there at the celebration of 25 TDR.

I have not seen any of the videos and hope that the surprise to within 3 months. And then dare my opinion after seeing various celebrations.

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
THE YEAR TO LIVE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!!!

swity

Wow, looks pretty cool. I love the Peter Pan float  :D

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Which kind of defeats the point of a Disney parade for me. All that said, this is probably just a big cultural difference and exactly what the audience over there wants.

Cultural differences might have a lot to do with it - but maybe they just wanted to be extremely creative... and didn't really succeed. I'd love to know what the Japanese audience has to say about their new parade...

QuoteSo I've said it before and I'll say it again -- imagine what DLRP would do with a budget like this.

Be careful with statements like these...  :-"

SMCD

Quote from: "Baloo"So I've said it before and I'll say it again -- imagine what DLRP would do with a budget like this.

Uhm, I thought the same company made both parades; Disney Creative Entertainment?

Quote from: "Riebi"It´s a bit strange for me that you can get paddywhacks from everywhere if you say some harmless criticism against TDR. That can´t be the right way and it can´t be good for the resort. The should have the ear on the street and react. If there´s some criticism possible after so much years of endless and stunning magic there must have gone something wrong in the shorter past. Tokyo Disney Resort was always a benchmark for me. But thats a hard possition for a resort and maybe it couldn´t always be the top position player it was in the past.  :wink:

Hey, I have no problem with people criticizing. I just thought it was a little harsh. Tokyo still kicks ass in my opinion.

Anyway, I found this video of the new fireworks; //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qziTfDhzvo&eurl=http://video.aol.com/video-detail/tokyo-disneyland-25th-anniversary-fireworks-dreams/2208870299

Looks like a modest update. Well, well, I guess Dreamlights are TDL´s nighttime spectacular.

Anthony

Quote from: "SMCD"Uhm, I thought the same company made both parades; Disney Creative Entertainment?
Well, that's a really interesting point...

They do seem to share ideas like the Christmas illuminations, HSM shows, various music and so on. The actual designing of each entertainment is done at the specific resort though, as far as I know. For example with OUADP, wasn't that designed in Paris and led by Katy Harris, then they just had to take their ideas to Jay Rasulo in Burbank to get the green light?

It seems to be different to how WDI works, where it's one company designing for all resorts and things are much more pooled together.