pin trading for a beginner?

Started by Clarebelle, January 28, 2008, 01:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesBestPal

I saw the pink pirate Tink one in Disneyland in December!

Disney_Princess

not the best photo but...

[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

Javey74

Yeah they look familiar now.  :wink:

Saying that I've never seen the Tinkerbell Disneyland Resort Paris one mind :shock:

Thanks for sharing Disney_Princess  :D

Disney_Princess

Thats the first one I bought because, believe it or not, I'd never seen a Tinkerbell DLRP one, so I had to have it.
Like I say, they just sit on my dance bag, I collect too much stuff without pins to add to it lol.
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

MinniesBestPal

I collect pins and Minnie Mouse plushies!

So far, my Minnie Mouse Plushie collection has a grand total of...*drum roll*....2 MINNIE MOUSE PLUSHIES!

Yeah, thats kind of a new thing I'm collecting!

Javey74

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"I collect pins and Minnie Mouse plushies!

So far, my Minnie Mouse Plushie collection has a grand total of...*drum roll*....2 MINNIE MOUSE PLUSHIES!

Yeah, thats kind of a new thing I'm collecting!
Which ones  :?:  Any like our Jen has.. http://public.fotki.com/DisneyDavid/disneymerchandise/  :)

MinniesBestPal

Yeah, I have number three (I love purple!) and I have the newest one of her in her pink dress with gold stars and clouds (from the dream parade! My favourite parade!)

*gets jealous*

What a collection! I love Minnie Mouse plushies! I always go into the toy shops in disneyland and in the disney store those are the first things I look at!

Clarebelle

on my first trip to disneyland the only thing I wanted was a minnie mouse, ended up getting the biggest one you ever seen! lol it wouldn't fit into my suitcase :-(
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Stitch

When I first went to DLRP for my 21st B'day I said right at the begining... "I'm not going to buy any pins 'cause it will only start an obsession..." By the end of the 4th day of the trip I'd bought 16 pins... :P

I took my Mum this January and she's since gone nuts on ebay too. She sticks to the jumbo ones which catch her eye. I'm LOVE anything with Stitch, Cheshire Cat, Jiminy Cricket, Tinkerbell, Ariel, Lady and the Tramp and butterflies.

There's prob a few more that I could add to that list. So I guess as a rule of thumb it's just anything that catches my eye!
-Jenn@

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Stitch"When I first went to DLRP for my 21st B'day I said right at the begining... "I'm not going to buy any pins 'cause it will only start an obsession..." By the end of the 4th day of the trip I'd bought 16 pins... :P

I took my Mum this January and she's since gone nuts on ebay too. She sticks to the jumbo ones which catch her eye. I'm LOVE anything with Stitch, Cheshire Cat, Jiminy Cricket, Tinkerbell, Ariel, Lady and the Tramp and butterflies.

There's prob a few more that I could add to that list. So I guess as a rule of thumb it's just anything that catches my eye!

We said that too, but ended up buying a fair few, only from dlrp, we are sworn off ebay for the time being

Stitch

Hehe! Me too! I'm trying to be so good! Need all the pennies I can save!
-Jenn@

never2old

Ah, once you start...

I'm not much of a collector, have only started buying pins in the last few visits, and (so far) have only bought one per visit (as a souvenir of the trip...)

I have a Tinkerbell (was my first one... I love Tink!), Minnie dressed as Leia (big Star Wars fan...), a Steamboat Willie Mickey (because I wanted a Mickey Mouse pin and that one looked so cute) and a Nightmare Before Christmas one with Jack and Sally (that was the last one I bought).

I have them pinned to my "disney" bag - it's a wonderful, perfect handbag that fits everything I need when I'm in DLRP... And has still plenty of space for more pins  :D

I'm a terrible collector, my husband doesn't want me to get anything that could be the start of a new collection... so he wasn't too happy when I bought my first pin  :P  But at least, compared to some of my other collections, pins are small....

But so far I'm only buying pins that I like... I couldn't trade them!

Clarebelle

tell me about it, really I needed to start saving about 10 years ago lol

on our last trip we bought so much ...
clothes
jackets
hoodies (15th anniversary)
pins
glasses
art
photo albums
plushes
15th anniversary wine (which we had to smuggle out of Walts, no take away rule lol)

too much to mention!!

I will post photos of the pins I got, but unfortunatly another shift at work awaits so I will have to drag myself away soon :-(

Stitch

Booo... work always gets in the way. I saw in awesome t-shirt the other day. It said "Play now, work later".

Maybe we should open a book on how many pins I'm going to buy this time round? :p
-Jenn@

Javey74

Does anyone know where I can get the actual codes for the pins, since when I first started collecting them, I threw the plastic cards they came on away.  :(

I'm now wishing I didn't, since I want to start and catalogue them.. :wink: