How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enough

Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 17, 2014, 03:22:42 PM
Quote from: enough on January 15, 2014, 09:31:16 PM
How about on 1st May? I know it's Labor Day in France - does that make the parks extra busy, extra quiet, or just normal?

We're flagging it as a high day, Disney are showing Medium/High. It'll be much busier than a Monday normally is but it'll be staffed up better and will be one of the busier days. There won't be short waits.

Thanks Trekkie - I'll stick with going on Monday, May 5 instead which should be quiet as you pointed out before.

Thanks for all the help!

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: amanda08 on January 17, 2014, 04:03:58 PM
Hi Trekkie - Thanks for that - very handy to have!

Can I ask where you saw the Halloween dates?
amanda

Summer 2014 brochure :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 17, 2014, 04:36:05 PM
Quote from: amanda08 on January 17, 2014, 04:03:58 PM
Hi Trekkie - Thanks for that - very handy to have!

Can I ask where you saw the Halloween dates?
amanda

Summer 2014 brochure :)
We've pulled the 1st to the 4th, as the Disneyland Paris website doesn't seem to list those dates, although the brochure does. We're erring on the side of caution. Potential update to this later.
The Roundup

BoristheSpider

Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 15, 2014, 09:13:49 AM

Quote from: BoristheSpider on January 14, 2014, 05:13:03 PM
My boyfriend & I are going for the first time ever from 9th-15th Feb so hopefully it will be a quiet one :)

Definitely will be! Sunday will be busier but you'll enjoy one of the queitest Mondays and Tuesdays all year :)

Brill, fingers crossed for no rain! x

jazzyjules72

We are going June 12th till 16th.  Any ideas how busy this time of year is. I am hoping not too busy as its our first time and will have so much to see and do.

2014 June - Sequoia Lodge

BoristheSpider

Sorry for so many questions Trekkie, as we are visiting in a seemingly quiet period do you think it will be necessary to phone through restaurant reservations or will it be safe to wait until we arrive to decide?x

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: jazzyjules72 on January 18, 2014, 06:51:25 PM
We are going June 12th till 16th.  Any ideas how busy this time of year is. I am hoping not too busy as its our first time and will have so much to see and do.

You'll have a mixed bag :) you're arrival day will be fairly quiet, Friday will still be nothing major, expect to queue a fair bit on the Saturday (but that's most Saturday's) and then it'll be fairly quiet from there again.

You'll have plenty time to do and see everything, on the Saturday I'd optimise your day to take in the shows at the Walt Disney Studio's as you don't really wait for them. Animagique, Cinemagique, Stunt Show, Stars'n'Cars Parade, and then back to Disneyland and watch the main parade which may or may not be Disney's Magic on Parade, and you'll have a full day without really waiting on anything :)

The Roundup

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: BoristheSpider on January 19, 2014, 08:22:08 AM
Sorry for so many questions Trekkie, as we are visiting in a seemingly quiet period do you think it will be necessary to phone through restaurant reservations or will it be safe to wait until we arrive to decide?x

No problem :)

I'd wait until you arrive, I've never had a problem at that time. Each morning we usually booked lunch (or sometimes the night before) and booked Dinner at the same time.
The Roundup

clarybell

Hi. Sorry if this has been asked before but when u say busy/peak time what queue lengths are we talking about with regards to waiting time. Thank you.

Disney_Klara

Hi, I'll be going to DLP 27th June to 1st July, will it be unbearably busy? We will be staying in Sequoia Lodge so how much of a difference will fast passes make? Thanks!!!

amanda08

Hi Trekkie - decided to test out your calander ;D

Just booked another trip 27th/4 - 29th/4

Hoping we can get in and out before the madness of bank holiday starts in between most school hols (well us Dutch are free)
Am I right in thinking that zone a and b being free will have much less impact on the parks then one zone c is free?

I any event  ;D ;D ;D ;D  yayy to double countdowns!

Kindlegirl 2014

http://dlrpr.com/calendar/index.php?m=10&y=2014

Does mean from 13 to  16 October 2014 less crowds of guests in both parks. Also it show med for 17 October 2014, how crowded would when it  shows med level on the calender.

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: clarybell on January 19, 2014, 03:59:50 PM
Hi. Sorry if this has been asked before but when u say busy/peak time what queue lengths are we talking about with regards to waiting time. Thank you.

These go by the my calendar only, however as a general guide (please note this is far from 100% accurate - any number of things can upset the calendars accuracy).

Quiet - Less than 15 mins for most rides
Low - Less than 20 mins for most rides
Mid - 30 or less for most rides
High - 45 minutes to an hour average
Peak - Hour+ waits

There are a number of exceptions, Big Thunder Mountain basically always has a long queue, as does Crush's coaster,  the Fantasyland dark rides usually follow suit.

Weekends (Fri/Sat/Sun) will always have bigger queues than Mon-Thu.

Public holidays are also busy, but usually on the calendar.
The Roundup

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Disney_Klara on January 19, 2014, 04:37:40 PM
Hi, I'll be going to DLP 27th June to 1st July, will it be unbearably busy? We will be staying in Sequoia Lodge so how much of a difference will fast passes make? Thanks!!!

The Saturday will be particularly busy, but use this to your advantage, see the shows (Animagique, Cinemagique, Stunt Show, Studios parade, Disneyland Parade) as these activities won't require queuing for extend periods.

The other days won't be unbearable as you're still a good bit away from the peak season.
The Roundup

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: amanda08 on January 19, 2014, 05:17:16 PM
Hi Trekkie - decided to test out your calander ;D

Just booked another trip 27th/4 - 29th/4

Hoping we can get in and out before the madness of bank holiday starts in between most school hols (well us Dutch are free)
Am I right in thinking that zone a and b being free will have much less impact on the parks then one zone c is free?

I any event  ;D ;D ;D ;D  yayy to double countdowns!

Hope it all works out for you, report back ;)

It's not let me down so far, apart from November 11th, it completely got that wrong - but that's fixed going forward.

You'll find it busier than say low season in February/March, but Disneyland Paris have extended the hours until 10pm during your trip, so you'll be able to get more done over a larger period of time, plus see it a lot more in its night time glory ;)
The Roundup