The Celebration Continues... Big Time! (2008-2009)

Started by Kristof, January 07, 2008, 01:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The Celebration Continues... Big Time!
From 4 April 2008 - 7 March 2009

This topic will capture all the novelties during the continued celebrations throughout the Resort.  This list will be updated the coming months when more information will be revealed.

Disneyland Park

Character Castle Makeover & Park Decorations
Sleeping Beauty Castle is covered in 15 characters, each holding candles, whilst illuminated banners line Main Street, and more!
No changes expected

Bougillumination / Candleabration
A special birthday ceremony each night.
No changes expected

Disney Characters' Express
Casey Jr steams into Main Street several times a day carrying a friendly gathering of Disney characters.
No changes expected

Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade
Disneyland Park Parade
Additional dance units to be added

Walt Disney Studios Park

High School Musical on Tour and High School Musical 2
Streetmosphere show based on the hit Disney Channel movies.
Last year's High School Musical on Tour will be performed two times a day, with more performances of High School Musical 2 throughout the rest of the day.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
The classic E-Ticket attraction, Disney's California Adventure version.
Although the attraction opened 22 December 2007, it will officially be launched 5 April 2008.

Stitch Live!
New interactive CGI show at Walt Disney Television Studios.
Opened in March 2008, but it will officially be launched 5 April 2008.

Nala_84

According to f.e. Candleabration I love it, that the celebration continues, it's just such a magical show :)!

But I still don't understand what the sense is celebrating the 15th during the 16th birthday  :lol:  Do they also keep the "15" on the castle etc.? I think that's just confusing for the visitors...

And are there no rumors of a new parade in the Studios anymore? :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

QuoteBut I still don't understand what the sense is celebrating the 15th during the 16th birthday

Because DLRP surveyed over 5000 people all over Europe who preferred the celebrations above Mickey's anniversary.

Stars & Motor Cars parade is not confirmed yet.  If it will, I'll add it to the list.  :)

Nala_84

Oh, poor Mickey :( Would have loved a celebration of his birthday! But I guess you said that the concept arts didn't look very good ;)! Where were the surveys?

And I hope the parade will be confirmed - or any other news this year :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

experiment627

Considering that none of the parks seem to acknowledge Mickey's birthday in a big way... my guess would be that the company doesn't want it its mascot that's supposed to be ever young to appear old by celebrating its 80th birthday...

Kristof

Quote from: "Nala_84"Oh, poor Mickey :( Would have loved a celebration of his birthday! But I guess you said that the concept arts didn't look very good ;)! Where were the surveys?

And I hope the parade will be confirmed - or any other news this year :)!

Those surveys were done by an independent office, so I guess they used phone marketing.

QuoteBut I guess you said that the concept arts didn't look very good

Thanks for trusting me on this one!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   It really was UGLY.   :-"

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"Thanks for trusting me on this one!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   It really was UGLY.   :-"

Offtopic; Any hints to why it was so ugly ? :P

Kristof

If I could give hints, don't you think I would have given them already by now??  :lol:  :lol:

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "raptor1982"If I could give hints, don't you think I would have given them already by now??  :lol:  :lol:

can we have one little hint ? :p

anyway... i think doing 15 celebrations is sorta stupid... but i cant really complain about it since i love the 15th celebration parades/shows :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Poppy The Monkey

New dancer units will be added to the Once Upon A Dream Parade to tie in with the "Celebration Continues". There are lots of possiblities including Octopus dancers (similar to Halloween parade) behind Ursula. Can-Can dancers behind Pinnocchio. More Jungle Animals with the Adventure float and standard "coloured cloud" dancers with the imagination float - lke seen on the press launch.

All will be confirmed soon...

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date poppy, we really appreciate it :)

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"New dancer units will be added to the Once Upon A Dream Parade to tie in with the "Celebration Continues". There are lots of possiblities including Octopus dancers (similar to Halloween parade) behind Ursula. Can-Can dancers behind Pinnocchio. More Jungle Animals with the Adventure float and standard "coloured cloud" dancers with the imagination float - lke seen on the press launch.
Brilliant news.

Expecting them to cut down the parade after a year rather than add to it, this is a really great effort.

I'm looking forward to April now. :)

MAVERICK

I am so glad that they are extending the 15th birthday for another year as me and my partner have not had the chance to visit the park during the 15th birthday yet and as we are getting married this july and we are going to DLRP for our honymoon we are glad that it will be around when we go

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Looking forward to another visit this year

disney_donutter

Talking of celebrating Mickey's Birthday.. I wonder if any of the parks will be celebrating Mickey's 100th Birthday, I know it's quite a way off, but It gives them extra planning time!!! lol