EDL Shares / Halifax and others?

Started by Alpop, December 10, 2007, 02:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Hi,

I was wondering what is happening with the Disney Shares re this reverse spilt.
I logged on to my Halifax account and the shares I had had disapeared for a couple of days, then reemerged as the EDLNR Shares (which is the un consolidated version).

I was just wondering what is happening with everyone elses.

Riebi

with which ones?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Alpop

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
The shares are the EuroDisney S.C.A ones.

The official website says that "We" don't have to do anything EuroDisney and our share brokers will sort it all out, but a week later I was wondering if anyone has seen the new shares yet?

Riebi

I just see the new share at the bourse charts in germany if that matter

Riebi

I got mail today from my bank. The letter tells about the reverse splitt and that I should buy or sell shares if I have not a number of shares which is divisible by 100. And I talk by phone with my banker-man he said I have to do nothing.

Alpop

Maybe I should just wait then. I'm just concerned about the 6 week deadline EDL mentioned about paying any fees to the Bank.

CJNorth

Hi

How many old shares did you own?  If it was a multiple of 100 you will have nothing to do and your share holding will automatically change to new shares held in the same way with Halifax.  

I own registered shares (i.e. not through a broker or financial advisor) which are not a multiple of 100 and received a letter and form from Caceis (the share registrars in France) last week.  
I had to complete the form and elected to buy a few more shares to make my holding up to a multiple of 100.

Now the form has been sent I have to wait for the confirmation, bill and possibly new share certificate.
Carl

Alpop

I had a multiple of 100, so fingers crossed, it'll all go smoothly. I just think it would be a logistical nightmare for them as there was around 3,900,000,000 shares.(I think)

CJNorth

I think you should be OK, however l share your concerns with the logistical problems.
Lets just keep our fingers crossed.
Carl

Riebi

If you wanna get sure make a call by your banker-man, bank, broker or else. They should now it :lol:

Alpop

Just spoke to Halifax and they have said that they are still waiting for information from the custodians about the share consolidation. They are aware of it, but haven't had the right info yet!

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

how can you buy shares for DLRP? Its just it would be a great christmas present
!Magic Everywhere

Alpop

Quote from: "Its Just Like I DreamedIt"how can you buy shares for DLRP? Its just it would be a great christmas present
It depends why your buying them.

as an xmas pressie I think there is a site called one share (or similar) to which you could get a share certificate all framed up.

An investment a bank should be able to help, but you would need to open a share tradung account.

1 handed typing sorry, Baby in other arm!