The Storybook Store

Started by Alpop, November 06, 2007, 10:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Hi,

I was reading an old AA Esentail Guide to DLRP and it mentions that in the Storybook Store "Tigger is waiting to stamp your books with a Disneyland Park Holiday Momento".

Off the top of my head I can't remember anything like this, then again I didn't buy any books.
So my question is what is this? Is it still there? Is Tigger an AA or a Cast Member?

Cheers

Anthony

Hmmm, I never heard anything about this either! It's a nice idea, but they've definitely not been doing it for at least 5, 6 or even 7 years now.

Hopefully someone who visited in the early days can tell more...

Owain

Quote from: "Alpop"Is Tigger an AA

If im on about the right tigger than yes it is an AA.
I dont no any more about it, all i have is a picture  :)

Thats the best photo i could get of it !

Alpop

I suppose this is getting closer to clearing the mystery. I am starting to vaguely recall spotting this in a shop, but not ever in action.

The book in question is originally from 2004, but re printed in 2005. It also mentions the Old Mill as an excellent vantage point for views. If the above Tigger did / does stamp you book I think that this is a fantastic hidden fact that people just walk past.

Anthony

Yes, I've always ignored that strange little booth in the corner of the counter, never even wondered what it's for! I guess he's mechanical and used to stamp his hand down to mark your book as "bought in Disneyland"?

Quote from: "Alpop"The book in question is originally from 2004, but re printed in 2005. It also mentions the Old Mill as an excellent vantage point for views.
Hehe, the AA guides aren't really very good. Their Walt Disney Studios information is mainly excerpts from 2002 press releases. I've got a few of them for "historical" value though, all three different resort names. ...And I never even noticed the Tigger bookstamp in any of those. :lol:

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Baloo"Yes, I've always ignored that strange little booth in the corner of the counter, never even wondered what it's for! I guess he's mechanical and used to stamp his hand down to mark your book as "bought in Disneyland"?

Exactly right, Baloo! I did this a long, long time ago: had my autograph book stamped with a EuroDisney stamp. I've never checked since to see if it's still in action...
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

tubbsy

Quote from: "Baloo"Hehe, the AA guides aren't really very good. Their Walt Disney Studios information is mainly excerpts from 2002 press releases. I've got a few of them for "historical" value though, all three different resort names. ...And I never even noticed the Tigger bookstamp in any of those. :lol:

D'OH! I've just thrown mine in the bin! I thought it was as much use as a chocolate fireguard and not thinking of it as a historical collectors piece!  #-o  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anthony

Quote from: "tubbsy"D'OH! I've just thrown mine in the bin! I thought it was as much use as a chocolate fireguard and not thinking of it as a historical collectors piece!  #-o  :lol:
Hahaha! In my house, anything with the letters d-i-s-n-e-y on it gets saved and prized. :lol:

Alpop

I'm a Disney Bore, or so my wife says.
I still read all the tourist books to see if I find something new in them. Crazy really, but I found this old forgotten piece. Hopefully I'll find others.

I was going to say before it was confirmed. That as the AA book had photographs from inside the park, I believe that Disney would have read the book before print. An unofficial book had no photos in and had said this was because they wanted to remain independant and not let Disney have the final say on the print.

arno-hh

Hi,
Yes the Tigger in the Storybook Store is an AA and Many Years ago he has used his Stamp (in his right hand) to stamp books or hands! But that is a long time ago I think....

That was a really cool thing...
But he is still there, but he "sleep" and don't move...

Bye
Arno

Masamune

:o I had always thought that that Tigger was there simply for display purposes. :P I'm sad now that it has a wonderful purpose and DLRP is not using it.