DLR / WDW | The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Quote from: "SM:M3"
"A girl, rescued me... She was singing... She had the most beautiful voice."

disneyrules

I think from the video and the exterier the ride is very impressive !
Some of the animatronics of the ride are a bit strange but it still looks very good, especialy the fish and the under the sea part.
I just hope that one day this ride will come to Disneyland Paris!
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

lil-shawn

It is a very Lovely and charming Dark Ride, a perfect Fantasyland Dark Ride like it used to be. It
never was meant to be like HM and POTC, don´t understand the comparison. Sure there are some
parts i also don´t like and think they could be better, but still its a nice Family Dark Ride between
Peter Pan ect. and the great Haunted Mansion.

CafeFantasia

I was just thinking, could it be possible that Fantasyland at Disneyland Paris will get a Tangled dark ride, perhaps to replace either Pinocchio or Snow White?

Also, watching the video of the Little Mermaid ride again, it does look great. It looks like the kind of ride you'd come off very happy and very satisfied. Hopefully the executives at Disneyland Paris will fly out to California to ride it in person, and then decide if it's an attraction that would benefit our park.

If they built it at Disneyland Paris, what kind of impact do you think it would have on attendance? Would it attract lots of people, the way Space Mountain did back in 1995? Is another dark ride something that Disneyland Paris actually needs at this moment in time?

ed-uk

Please don't replace Pinocchio or Snow White, I love those dark rides. Two of my favourite Disney films.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

This was always designed to be a D ticket like Buzz. I think Mission accomplished. although I am no fan of the source movie or the Ariel AA's, but overall I think this is pretty awesome. And better than a Crush Coaster or many of the other attractions to come from WDI recently.

Besides, I would be a little surprised if they replaced Snow White or Pinocchio (and I would be sad if they do go), but Fantasyland still has 2 official expansion pads from the original masterplan, as well as WDI taking over the Fantasy Festival Stage area....
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

Wasn't there supposed to be a Beauty and the Beast dark ride at DLP, or was it the Little Mermaid? I remember something about it on my 1992 park map.
Ed & David

CafeFantasia

If you'd never seen the Little Mermaid film, and only followed the story displayed in this ride, you wouldn't think of Ursula as a bad person. She casts a spell and gives Ariel legs. Eric kisses Ariel in a boat and then they get married. Thanks Ursula :-)

dagobert

Quote from: "ed-uk"Wasn't there supposed to be a Beauty and the Beast dark ride at DLP, or was it the Little Mermaid? I remember something about it on my 1992 park map.

There was a Little Mermid dark ride planed next to it's a small world. There is a documentation on the Little Mermaid DVD where you can see how it was supposed to be. I think WDI planed a Beauty and the Beast restaurant with Audio-Animatronics and and a show. Unfortunately none of those attractions turned into reality.

Can't Disney use the space next to it's a small world instead of the space behind the Fantasyland Festival Stage for the Little Mermaid ride?

CafeFantasia

Isn't that space opposite Bella Note (behind Videopolis) actually a terrible place to put a ride? I mean, whenever there's a parade on, it's totally cut off. How would you get over to the ride, when Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade is on?

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"Isn't that space opposite Bella Note (behind Videopolis) actually a terrible place to put a ride? I mean, whenever there's a parade on, it's totally cut off. How would you get over to the ride, when Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade is on?

I thought the same, but the Imagineers must have come up with a solution. I prefere have the rides inside the berm than outside, but the ride would be cut off during the parade.

There is also a small space between Fantasia Gelatti and Sir Mickey's Boutique. Is this space big enough to put a ride there?

ed-uk

I like the look of the Little Mermaid dark ride, I like dark rides anyway Peter Pan, Snow White etc. But in the Little Mermaid ride they have cut the battle scene with Ursula which was a climax in the film. Mind you 6 minute ride, the film is 70 minute. something had to be cut.
Ed & David

Josh

It would have been a great climax, though, to be inside a whirlpool and seeing Ursula above it.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

A whirlpool starts to sound like Crushes Coaster.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Alan"There is also a small space between Fantasia Gelatti and Sir Mickey's Boutique. Is this space big enough to put a ride there?

This is an expansion pad that was designed to host the BatB AA attraction (or could fit one the size of Winnie the Pooh dark ride, also considered at one point).
since 2001 (many before that)