what would you like to see revampted in disneyland?

Started by madame_leota, August 25, 2007, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madame_leota

i was just reading on a pirates thread that theres a guy with a flappy throat! lol I have noticed a few things around disneyland on my last trip that really could do with being re-done.

In its a small world one of the gondaliers eye had slipted and his eye socket was half empty. it looked horrible! it was really freaky looking! I also noticed in a small world that another one of the little guys mouth had split and it was all flappy and he was just making a grunting kind of noice!! lol

I know they have made many improvments since i was there in feb though so i expect that it has long been fixed but i was wondering if theres anything any of you have seen or annything you think is in dire need of a makeover in the parks

WDI1992

Definately the whole of Fantasyland should be redone in the next few years, more particularly: Le chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormante, wich is already planned for after the 15th anniversary season if I'm not mistaking... and Alice's Curious Labyrinth should definately go in refurb. Of course the castle needs it the most since it is the heart of Disneyland Park. But thinking of it, Fantasy Festival stage was looking very good last month.
Frontierland is looking good, BTM has had its rehab, PM is looking good aswell since it is meant to look old, Discoveryland is looking just fine, Adventureland can go without a rehab the coming year I think and Mainstreet and the recently refurbed Disneyland Hotel are looking great, so main focus: Fantasyland! And maybe in the coming years they might want to put in new flooring in the different themed areas because in some parts of the park they are looking quite poor and are showing quite a lot of cracks. The Resort hub has got one, now DP should be next in the coming 5 years I think.  :)
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Anonymous

The exit to Star Tours. They took away that Star Course thing, and now it's little more than a glorified arcade. There are rumours of a Lucas Land opening up in the Studio's in the US, so let's have a bit more Star Wars theming here.  In fact, for that matter, that whole area of Discovery Land from Star Traders to Honey I Shrunk The Audience, around the back of Space Mountain just seems a bit bare.

disney_donutter

I think that adventureland gets a bit neglected really, they havent had anything new or anything updated for a while.  Maybe changing Pirates to like how it is in the US, even for a few months, that would be so cool!

Owain

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"The exit to Star Tours. They took away that Star Course thing, and now it's little more than a glorified arcade. There are rumours of a Lucas Land opening up in the Studio's in the US, so let's have a bit more Star Wars theming here.  In fact, for that matter, that whole area of Discovery Land from Star Traders to Honey I Shrunk The Audience, around the back of Space Mountain just seems a bit bare.

I agree Dark Prince, when i came out of space mountain passed the photo shop, i was like OMG how bare and it wasnt very popular as it use to be.

Anonymous

Yeah, it seems a bit bizarre that you've got one of the parks main attractions, in Space Mountain, which has it's exit into this area where there isn't really anything else, aside from Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

Even if it was just a case of having more shop space, or putting up some kind of facade where you could have character meetings - like Star Wars characters or Buzz Lightyear, or Disney characters like Mickey & Co. in space themed outfits. I just think it's a bit of a neglected area of the park, which is a shame as it has some great attractions, and the rest of Discoveryland, with the Videopolis theatre, and the X-Wing, and the front of Space Mountain, with Orbitron and the Nautilus all has excellent theming and looks really busy.

I think the problem with Adventureland is that it has amazing theming, but there are only two rides there, Pirates and Indy, and all the rest is theming, but it does look amazing.

anthony2k6

flooring everywhere!

The bit of flooring outside of studies is ok now, but it just shows up how bad the rest of the flooring is. There are so many badly patched up bits now - it looks so cheap + nasty.

Nicholas-c

the floor could do with repair :P i can go get photos now if u want :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Yeah, it seems a bit bizarre that you've got one of the parks main attractions, in Space Mountain, which has it's exit into this area where there isn't really anything else, aside from Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

Even if it was just a case of having more shop space, or putting up some kind of facade where you could have character meetings - like Star Wars characters or Buzz Lightyear, or Disney characters like Mickey & Co. in space themed outfits. I just think it's a bit of a neglected area of the park, which is a shame as it has some great attractions, and the rest of Discoveryland, with the Videopolis theatre, and the X-Wing, and the front of Space Mountain, with Orbitron and the Nautilus all has excellent theming and looks really busy.

I think the problem with Adventureland is that it has amazing theming, but there are only two rides there, Pirates and Indy, and all the rest is theming, but it does look amazing.

I agree, totally. That area of Discoveryland does indeed appear very, very bare.

As for Adventureland, I would appreciate an extra attraction - Indy is too scary for me, so I only find Pirates and the Aladdin walk-through interesting. But I'm straying off topic...

Back on topic: flooring is definately an issue! And not only because of the wear. When I was there a week ago, we were in Frontierland heading towards the Chaparral Theatre when it started to rain down terribly - the area was positively flooded.  :cry:  Drainage should be attended to, if possible...

As for Fantasyland, I did also notice that Alice's Labyrinth needs a refurbishment. One of the 'painting the roses red'-guys lost half of the paint on his nose...!
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.