What are those white plastic cards people use to "ultra-fastpass"?

Started by Jackson5, July 28, 2015, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson5

Hey there,

during a recent visit of Disneyland Paris we observed several time that people entered via the backside, not being visually disabled, not showing the disney-pass for disabled but giving away a white, blanc plastic card on a black rope that would then be scanned (like having an RFID in it) and put aside by the castmember.

What is this thing?

Thanks,

Jack

Discovery_Mountain

VIP Fastpass I'm guessing?, You get them when you stay in Castle Club and Suites.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

Jackson5

Not really, we saw some girls having those castle club cards. But they were clearly branded and with print on.

The ones I am referring to are fully white and just have a black lanyard, no print and no hint what they are.
It's weird that castmembers scanned them, so they might have some function...

HildeKitten

I don't have a clue either, I've never seen those.
Maybe they were performers of some kind and had special access passes because of it?

NCC1701Q

Maybe a return-card they got because of an attraction-malfunction earlier that day? Or a baby-switch-card?

disneymagic006

When we visited we were given a card like this when we went on tower of terror. We didn't get to skip the queue though. The cast member at the entrance gave my nephew it, asked if he could do a special job and keep hold of it in the queue then hand to the cast member when going on the ride. It was so they could find out how long the queue was and so update the boards to show more accurate wait times. Not sure if the card you are referring to is the same as this but it's the same description, plain white with black lanyard.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

michaelj1973

If I remember correctly they give them also out at people in the fastpass lane to also check those times out.
So Its both normal as fastpass lane. I myself have also carried on of those cards to the beginning of the line.
First a CM holds the card to a rfid reader then gives it to you. When you arrive at the beginning of the attraction you give the CM there the card and he holds it also to a rfid reader. That way the waiting times are recorded.

Jackson5

what you guys say sounds very logical and the cards seen are precisely the ones described.
So the queue measurement makes absolute sense to me at this point.

It's just weird in this context that we observed people coming through the back entry directly. Maybe it's a system used for multiple purposes or cast members wanted their stats to look good when pushing people through the lane :D

HildeKitten

I think it has multiple purposes, they can probably program them for different things.

rebecca20

I got handed one to monitor the wait time last month. I have had various fast passes from VIP to normal and have been with disabled people (one learning difficulties another wheelchair) and neither the priority or access passes are plain white.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.