Restaurant In POTC

Started by Raffaele, August 06, 2007, 11:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele

Hello. I was wandering if anyone can tell me if the restaurant which one passes through on the POTC attraction is any good? If have been to DLRP many times yet failed to eat here? Do the boats becoming annyoing after a whie when you eat?
Thanks
Pins Pins Pins ...

Maarten

The restaurant you are talking about is called the Blue Lagoon. I've visited it 2 weeks ago and loved it. The food was very good in my humble opinion. Please, don't worry about the boats since you can't really see them that well in the dark. After a while you won't notice them anymore.. (at least I didn't).  :wink:

Kristof

And sometimes you'll hear from behind the bushes "Bon appetit!"  :wink:

I've updated my Blue Lagoon album yesterday with new photos by the way:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... ue_lagoon/

speedpacket

Quote from: "raptor1982"And sometimes you'll hear from behind the bushes "Bon appetit!"  :wink:
LOL - that must be me, then!  I always yell that, and occasionally I get a reply, but mst of the time after yelling "Bon Appetit!  Enjoy your meal!  Smakelijk!  Guten Apetit", I still don't get a reply LOL

So next time you are eating there, and someones wishes you a good meal, just reply :o)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Lordofthemightybeasts

I've also heard, "Yo ho ho and a plate of chips!" :D

Cubitus

I remember to read negative feedback, too, which just matched my own experience. The service over there was so la la, and the food was pricey, but not really "exciting" (varieties of curry chicken fried in cornflakes, yo-ho, it wasn't really exotic). Even the dishes been served around us seemed to be quite unspectacular.

I remember the atmosphere when seen from the ride to be much better than finally felt after being seated there. The seating plan seems to be optimized to let squeaking kids (who got bored at the tables due to the lack of 'pirate like entertainment') rush around just *every* table.

It's one of the 'high budget' restaurants but with not enough reward in my eyes... Themeing didn't reach food+service and were not what we expected.

Oliver

P.S. there's a sticky topic about »Restaurant reviews, too :-)
Oliver

speedpacket

Cubitus, I do tend to agree with you to some level.
I too had the worse experience at this restaurant, but then again also had the greatest experience there, and that is just my major point of criticism when it comes to the level of service at some of Disney's restaurants - it's too inconsistent.

Also - I hope that they change the menu at the Blue Lagoon soon - to me the food that you get served at this restaurant feels too much like coming out of a "grand kitchen" (not sure that is the term used in English though...)

Blue Lagoon is really great if you have a table near the water - rest of the restaurant really isn't that nice, especially since they pack too many tables together...

There are some GREAT waiters there though, but as alreday said - too inconsistent, unfortunately.
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

MinnieMouse

We eat there two times in the evening in 2005 and it was great. Nice Service, nice Meal and a wonderful Location.

Alexandra

Japper

I ate their once with my family and it was really nice! Great location , you don't bother the boats because you can barely see them. I thought the food was nice. But I only ate their once so I really don't know it very good.

Raffaele

Mixed reviews eh. I'll just have to try it out sometime.
Thanks
Pins Pins Pins ...

Xinda

Raffaele, you definitely should try it out.

It is a really lovely place. Yeah it's pricy but I think it's worth it.

The boats don't bother at all.
Dead man tell no tales