Is Peter Pan to the Rescue back?

Started by Anthony, March 21, 2005, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Yes, I know this is about the millionth topic I've started within a week, but I'm jsut wondering whether this show has returned for a second season, since it was originally meant to return on March 19th but then disappeared from the schedules.

It was quite popular last year with big crowds, but the actual show itself wasn't too good to be honest - except for the cool radio controlled crocodile!  :D

So has it returned or not?  I'm not sure if I'd be too bothered either way, but I need to keep my website up to date... lol  :lol:

Jorien

I've no idea actually! I haven't heard anything about it. I've just searched the brochure for it, but it isn't mentioned either. I know it will look now like i'm carrying that brochure with me all the time,  :oops: , but i got it here next to me, because i'm still trying to plan a trip to dlrp soon.  :wink:

So no, i've no idea either if it will be back!

Jorien  :D

Anthony

I've just noticed that it is actually listed on the UK Event Schedule, though that isn't much to go by since they aren't too good at keeping that correct and up-to-date...

I've search other forums and not read anything about the show which is odd - maybe it isn't back, or maybe everyone who visited was too pre-occupied by Easter?

It would make sense to bring it back within the next few weeks though, since with LOTLK and SM:M2 making Discoveryland crowded as hell it'd be a good way to draw people away to completely the other side of the park...

Kristof

I don't think it's coming back.  Nothing was prepared when we were there.  And to be honest, I hope it won't come back.  There wasn't enough space anyway for people to see it.  And you could hardly understand what the French actors were trying to say in English or the other way around.  I prefer Lilo and Stitch much more.

Maybe they can do a Peter Pan show on Festival Stage.  More seating are, more possibilities to use effects, etc....

flor

As Raptor already told, no preparations have been done at the galley. Last year they were preparing the boat months before the show started. So I don't think it will come back. But as it was announced the 19th, that's maybe the reason why they sended Peter Pan out during the parade. Just to give the people a little possibility to see him.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I don't think it's coming back.  Nothing was prepared when we were there.  And to be honest, I hope it won't come back.  There wasn't enough space anyway for people to see it.  And you could hardly understand what the French actors were trying to say in English or the other way around.

Maybe they can do a Peter Pan show on Festival Stage.  More seating are, more possibilities to use effects, etc....

You're absolutely right, it really wasn't one of DLRP's better shows... it actually might have been one of the worst infact.  :?

A Peter Pan show on Fantasy Festival Stage is good idea.  It wouldn't quite have the same impact that having it on the ship did, but it's in the right park of Fantasyland and could work well.  They could actually theme it as if the Lost Boys have gone back to England for the day and are telling theirs and Peter Pan's story on stage - might make it a bit different to the rather uninspiring Peter Pan to the Rescue, and would be a good way to explain why the sets looked so cheap (they'd be "hand made" by the lost boys) if DLRP didn't want to spend much on it...  :wink:

Kristof

That's the same thing what I was thinking.  :P