The resort getting tighter on videos?

Started by Dlrpfan, July 18, 2007, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "raptor1982"In theory you're not allowed to videotape inside any attraction.

Which were the other attractions they told you not too?  Where did they cover your lens?
the others where mad tea party, Casy Jr, Buzz, Cars Race Rally and the one that they covered the lense was crush's coaster
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

speedpacket

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"
Quote from: "raptor1982"In theory you're not allowed to videotape inside any attraction.

Which were the other attractions they told you not too?  Where did they cover your lens?
the others where mad tea party, Casy Jr, Buzz, Cars Race Rally and the one that they covered the lense was crush's coaster
That would make sense to me!!!
With all onride videos showing anywhere of this new ride, a lot of the advertising cost that was put into the promotion of this new ride may suddenly value a lot less than the first estimates...

When you try to build up expectation with future guests, these online videos that you can see on youtube and other places really CAN harm this, having the hesitators to decide not to go after all if they don't like the video, and that would be bad for Disney.

Also - if this is your first ride on Crush, which a castmember should believe it is, it may not be as safe as you might think to film onride, as the coaster section may come as a surprise to you, with all the possible consequences...

Really - I do understand this a LOT :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Disneyana

Yes it really is true. You are not allowed to film in any attraction or show. I remember that I read this once in the park maps. And I remember that as we rode POTC there was someone filming with his camera light. And through the speakers of the attraction a CM said he should stop filming and that using flash is forbidden. The best is to ask the CM friendly if it is ok to dfilm in the attraction. Mostly they do agree.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

peep

I've decided to not film on rides anymore mainly due to the fact that it can come out bad (about 99.9% chance of that happening) thus making the ride/attraction look terrible and not worthy of going on. I foolishly watched an online video of Crush's coaster before riding it last week. It was such a bad mistake because the video made it look terrible whereas the ride is actually amazing and one of my favorite rollercoasters.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320