Sequoia Lodge or Hotel Cheyenne

Started by dc10101, June 07, 2018, 08:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc10101

Hi all,

Planning a trip for next Jan with my girlfriend, and we're torn between Sequoia Lodge or Hotel Cheyenne - would be say it's worth the extra per night? (It's on the 2 nights 2 days free early booker deal anyways) And has anyone had particularly good/bad experiences at either?

Also are the characters in the hotels the same at every hotel - we went in 2017 and Santa Fe just had 3 (mickey/pluto/goofy) that they cycled through each day

Thanks!

littlebitofpixiedust

Personally I'd say yes it's worth the extra although I love the Cheyenne if I had the choice I'd pick sequioa especially for 2 adults it's a beautiful hotel with a lovely pool it's a little closer to the park and Disney village as well. Sequioa has a lovely bar area too.

To be honest you can't really go wrong both hotels are great I can't comment much on Cheyennes characters as not stated in a while the sequoia had Mickey and goofy didn't see any others though

claire2281

Honestly I think the new rooms at the Cheyenne are nicer than the ones in Sequoia and if you don't mind the few minutes extra walk I'd save the money and stay at the Cheyenne. Also I found the Cheyenne the 'calmer' hotel of the two - because the rooms are in many separate buildings you don't have so many people congregating together like you do in the main Sequoia building.

I like Sequoia and it's particularly lovely at Christmas but in all honesty at the moment I'd probably only choose to stay in the Cheyenne or NPC.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

msRavenswood

I totally agree with Claire. We always stayed at the Cheyenne, but last September we decided to try the Sequoia Lodge and booked a Golden Forest room after having read rave reviews. Honestly, I don't think it was worth the extra money, we found the hotel didn't live up to our expectations and we weren't that impressed with the GF lounge. With the money we paid to stay there, we could have booked two 5 night stays at the Cheyenne. For our next trip this coming December we will be returning to the Cheyenne, can't wait to try the mew rooms!

msRavenswood

As for characters, at the SL we saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto during our 8 day stay. They rotated every morning so you could meet a different character each day.

Zee79

We usually stay at both of these but I do prefer the Cheyenne. My youngest commented at Easter how much friendlier the staff in the Cheyenne were compared to our new year trip in the Sequoia.

Sandy.h

Just got back from staying at Cheyenne for 3 nights with a 5 and 7 year old . Stayed in one of the supposed new rooms, must say the beds were the worse I've slept in anywhere 😬 They don't have tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but you can get a kettle from house keeping, and you can purchase a bit of tea and sugar, NO cups .. So take your own cups, we always take our own tea. You can get milk from the hotel coffe shop.
I think Sequoia ( which I have stayed in before) is a much better option...

Muminoz

This is the dilemma we are having for next Christmas (2019) I will have 3 teenagers to feed and the extra saved can do that! we stayed at the SL when they were tiny and it was beautiful (2007, 2008), anyone with older kids, which would you do?
is the shuttle bus good for the Cheyenne? Aussie kids in a Paris winter will be very cold so early morning will want the shuttle bus!

claire2281

The shuttle bus is fine but can be busy depending on when you go.

I'd still never bother waiting for it no matter how cold it is - I think it's quicker to walk and you just put the layers on and get on with it. Toughen up kids! At least you're walking, you wait until you're standing around waiting for the parade - now that can be cold  ;D
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Qscout

Yea we always walk from Cheyenne too. It only takes about 20 minutes, and you can be waiting that long for a bus. Plus where the bus drops you off you then have a short walk and long security queue, whereas coming in to the back of the village the security queues are much quicker.
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???