Charles de Gal Shuttle or TGV?

Started by Nicola, June 13, 2018, 12:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicola

Hi we've booked a November stay but we are flying for the first time rather than the euro star. Our flights have been booked with EasyJet via DLP. My question is do I book us on the shuttle about 138 for all 5 of us. or has anyone got the TGV from CDG to Marne Le Valle? I read it can take around 10 minutes?

I'm worried we'll be left hanging around ages for the shuttle bus OR
is the TGV a real pain takes ages?
Do I book TGV in advance encase the flight is late in?

Thank guys I know if anyone can help it will be you.  :)
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

rocker

Yes, the TGV does just take 10 minutes so significantly quicker than the shuttle if the timings work out for you... It's great, but of course if you miss it on a pre booked ticket, you're knackered. 

Even pre-booking the TGV it's still expensive.  When I flew, I took a print out of the TGV times with me & then just bought tickets on the day from the station at CDG.  Had the timing not worked out, then I had Magic Shuttle as my fall back plan.

So in summary, cost a little more to buy on the day, but worth paying the extra for the best flexibility. 

you can take a look here & get your train times & also get an idea of prices
https://www.sncf.com/sncv1/en/passengers

As there are 5 of you, you may find booking a booking a cab might work out cheaper than 5 separate shuttle or TGV tickets... worth looking at.

Nicola

Thank you so much. This was really helpful.  The shuttle is £138 for all 5 of us however the TGV is going to be around 160 so there isn't much in it cost wise. to be honest I want the least hassle.

I don't want to have to sit around waiting for the bus. I'll look at the timings for both.
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Pete's Dragon

Have a look at a minbus taxi services. 7 of us are getting on for 150 euros return from CDG to Val D'europe

bp_serene

I think a private transfer would work out best value and most convenient for your party size.

kim

have done shuttle and TGV, TGV much faster you hardly sit down and you are there, it leaves from terminal 2 we found finding out which terminal to go to difficult enough and on tickets it tells you which car to be on which corresponds to  the segment of platform you should stand on i would pre pay tickets and collect from terminal as there is usually a long wait at desk .

dlpowl

Ezyshuttle private transfer is €140 euros return for up to 6 people and has been recommended to me as a good service.  We plan to use them on our next trip.  I'm assuming much quicker and easier than using public transport.

http://site.ezyshuttle.com

princessemily

Would definitely suggest booking a private transfer for a group of 5. It's usually €70 each way, and the driver will meet you at arrivals and guide you to his car. Journey is about 40 minutes to the door of your hotel. A very relaxed start to the trip.
Ezyshuttle and rstransfers are two services I have used.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

Qscout

I have always been to scared of flight delays meaning missing the TGV on the way there.

What we do now is use the charles de gaulle shuttle on the way there, but use the TGV to come home. Gives more time at the parks the morning you leave, and given our last ecperience the TGV is more reliable than the shuttle time wise. We were waiting for the bus and getting concerned as to how late it was and if we would make our flight.
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???

Mcflurrys2015

Definitely recommend private transfer if there are 5 of you, always works out cheaper for us than any of the other options and its nice not to have to mess about waiting around.
Hotel New york July 2009
Santa fe Aug 2009
Seqoia Lodge  August 2015
Day trip July 2016
Off site - Kyriad nov 2016
Off site explores Feb 2017
Walt Disney World Caribbean beach booked Aug- 2019