Missing the last Magical Shuttle in the evening

Started by muggsy14, April 18, 2018, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muggsy14

Hi, I'm Alison and I'm new to the forum.  :)

We are booked to go to DLP on Sunday 27th May, our flight arrives in Terminal 2D at 18:30, and I only just realised that the last Magical Shuttle - which we have prepaid (all holiday booked through DLP website) - leaves at 20:00.  I have serious doubts  :'( that we will make it through baggage claim/customs and reach the bus on time to catch it, especially as my daughter walks fairly slowly due to disability.

I wondered if you could advise re.
- how long it generally takes to get through from plane to bus approximately
- alternatives (don't want to get the train but happy to pay for a direct-to-hotel alternative if we have to)

:o I just noticed I now have to do another verification to post this - I have to use the audio as the letters are impossible to decipher even for a regular sighted person like myself! It took me 13 times to decipher the last lot as the audio is bad too.   Hopefully I won't need to post often.
If you build it, he will come

Pete's Dragon

You should be able to make it on time. The Magic shuttle leaves from Terminal 2F which is connected to 2D so is at most a 10 minute walk.

If you don't fancy chancing it then there are 2 other options: One is a private taxi (which is comparable in price) e.g. https://www.isprestige.com/. Secondly there is the TGV high speed train which also leaves from Terminal 2F. Slightly more in price but the journey time is 11 minutes

muggsy14

Hi Pete's Dragon, thanks for the speedy reply.  :D

I honestly don't think we would make it on time.

I've been researching shuttles, etc.  If we land at 6:30 it takes 20 minutes to get off the plane, then - at least going by the last time I went through customs at an airport - it can take some time to do that, then there's waiting for baggage, a trip to the loo, finding our bearings (I'm a nervous traveller so I have to take my time or I get lost and flustered) and, as I said, daughter is disabled (walks but wears orthotics and has to go slowly) - so I think I may play it safe and pre-book a transfer, just for the outward bound trip.  We'll have the return part of the Shuttle that I've already paid for (should have checked timings first, but it was all-inclusive) booked and that's at a decent time of day.

If I didn't book I'd be worried that we missed the shuttle AND had problems finding an alternative.  At that time of night we would just want to get there and start our holiday.
If you build it, he will come

Mattj500

Try booking special assistance through the airline, explaining your mobility issues. They should provide someone to meet you who will know the quickest way around, where the toilets etc.are and probably a wheelchair if you think it is needed.