Explorers swim shorts / B&B -Kyriad Breakfasts ?

Started by ilovemainstxxx, May 21, 2018, 07:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemainstxxx

Hi there

We are looking at these hotels for the start and end of our trip and wondering if anyone can help with a few questions i have...

1) Looking at Explorer's for the first night , will arrive about 1-2 pm and thinking we could go to the village and then maybe back and to the pool for a bit, just wondering if anyone knows is the pool included in the price you pay or do you have to pay extra and also i had read on here that some hotels only let you were Lycra trunks , is this still the case ?

2)Looking at these for our last night , will be going to hotel from illuminations so no need for pool but wondering if anyone has stayed at these which they prefer , also what are the breakfasts like ,cant seem to find any info on that ...

Thanks for any help

claire2281

In general most public pools in France will only let men wear trunks - no swim shorts etc. This is for hygiene reasons as they don't want you wearing a pair of shorts around all day then getting in the pool with them on. Ladies are fine in normal swimsuits and bikinis.

Whether this is enforced by the hotel is up to them.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

JMB

Hi, we stayed at Explorers over New Year and, although we didn't use the pool ourselves, we saw people in there (the pool is next to a play area with a large window in between) and I'm quite certain there were men in shorts.

The breakfast at Explorers was breads, cereals, cold meat, yoghurt and a selection of hot and cold drinks.  It was very well organised and fresh, added bonus was that it was included in the price of the hotel which I don't think it is at the others.  You could pay extra for a hot (bacon, sausage egg etc) breakfast if you wished.

Hope that's of some help

JMB

haribosmum

We stayed at the Kyriad for our last night.  We got there about 6pm and left 10am next morning to drive home.  We got it for around £60 for 2 adults 2 children for breakfast so was good value.  Still a cooked breakfast too (I think B&B is only continental but someone might be able to advise).  I'd go back to the Kyriad again without hesitation. 

We haven't done explorers yet but have stayed at both the Dream Castle and Magic Circus.  We normally book whatever is on offer!  Both of those allowed longer swim shorts in the pool.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Fixiepixie

We stayed in the explorer and they are pretty strict on the Lycra shorts. We seen the staff turn men away in swim shorts. They have some for sale in the hotel if your stuck (but it would be cheaper to bring them with you)

I also stayed in the kyriad (but that was a few years ago). The breakfast was typical continental breakfast- croissants, rolls , cereal, fruit, toast, cold meats etc but that could be changed
Hope this helps and for what it's worth we loved the explorer, my son was almost 3 and had a blast, he loved the hotel theming, the little playground and was in the pool nearly everyday and the staff are lovely