Which country to book from for best price and will price go down??

Started by MaxinUK, April 10, 2018, 11:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxinUK

All set to book a 3 night trip for June last week but one thing led to another and we delayed - price has now risen £170 odd which we really could do without.  :( >:( :'(

Firstly do they release blocks of rooms at different times and prices (Newport Bay) and is the price likely to drop again if we wait?

The price is under the current offer ('free' half board, up to 30% off etc).

Last DLP holiday we booked on the .ie site as cheaper than .uk but this time .uk is cheaper - did check .fr and much cheaper but no half board or breakfast included.  Anyone know where the best current offer might be in the EU?

Thanks all!

MaxinUK

Pete's Dragon

I'm guessing the price difference covers the 'free' meal plan. I generally think this works out cheaper than the free nights offer when calculating the total trip cost. But like the different website versions, one deal or site isn't always the goto cheapest option. Need to check regulary. Just don't book when there isn't any offer.

MaxinUK

Thanks Pete - appreciate your reply - was hoping for some more but never mind!

cjebs

it depends on what kind of stay you are looking for.

The free Meal Plans are only worth it if you would normally pay for these anyway. bear in mind the hotel level you pick determines the meal plan you get for free: ie the sequoia lodge gets a plus meal plan for free. you CANNOT upgrade this to Premium, you can only upgrade to full board for the extra vouchers. a lot of people say the meal plans are not worth it at all but trust me if you are only looking to eat in the top end table service places such as Walts, California Grill, Captain Jacks the cost of the voucher is quite a bit less than paying for that particular set menu. Using a plus or premium voucher for a 13.99 euro hot dog meal at caseys is not good value for money :)

if you are planning a trip where you were only planning to eat in the hotel buffet/counter service in the park for lunch and dinner this type of deal is not worth it for you and a free days and nights offer may be better so you pay for less for your normal stay.

hope this helps.

MaxinUK

Price now £1500 from £1180 when we planned to book but had to wait a few weeks ago.

Ridiculous, we have to cancel this year's trip now as just too expensive.

littlebitofpixiedust

The French website had 30% off and free under 12s but think it's due to expire soon there's also 35% off for summer we've took advantage of this offer for a room only basis over the phone. We will be purchasing annual passes as works out the same as a package for one trip.

It's worth playing around sometimes the uk site is better sometimes the French we don't ever want a meal plan purely because my son loves king ludwigs/planet Hollywood/McDonalds and we find it cheaper paying as we go. Of course every family will prefer different deals hope you find what your looking for 😊