Explorer's Hotel

Started by missbounce, November 28, 2017, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missbounce

Hi Fellow-DLRP Fans!

I'm currently arranging a budget trip to Disneyland Paris with two friends who have never visited the resort before.  We were originally planning on staying in either the Santa Fe or the Cheyenne so we could have the full 'Disney Experience', however, I've managed to get a very good deal on the Explorer's Hotel and I'm wondering if it will take away from the Disney-feel of the trip for my friends.  I've been to DLRP many times before and only stayed on property, so I have no frame of reference when it comes to the hotels off site.  We are only staying for one night - for those of you who have stayed at the Explorer's before, would you say that we will still have a good experience there?  What is the transport like to and from the parks - any words or warning or recommendation?  I'm so used to walking to the parks each morning, I've not had to deal with transport before, so just want to be prepared.

Thanks!
[size=150]Little Miss Bounce[/size]

DLPWonders (Banned)

No it doesn't.
I always stay off site and NEVER felt like something was missing.
The whole "we need to stay in the bubble" thing is a load of crap in my opinion.
You pay for a bed, and once you close your eyes, it's all the same darkness anyway.
I've stayed in all the partner hotels before, and they are fine. Just as good (some better) than on site.

The partner hotels offer free shuttles.
They definitely get cramped on the busier times which means that sometimes you have to wait a round.
But that's the same with the shuttles for the Disney hotels, and they come very regularly.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Slimy yet satisfying

Having annual passes we usually stay off site and have stayed at the Explorers. The rooms are fine and the breakfast is ok with plenty of cold options...dont remember any hot food? Your friends won't have anything to compare it to so wont miss the characters in the morning and later during the day. The pool is ok too with free towels. You may find that the shuttles are less frequent can be up to 25 mins apart and will call at several hotels along that strip. Explorers is a first or last stop depending on the direction of travel. I dare say in the summer it could be a pleasant stroll but its a 40 min walk if you have kids...no fun after long day. Personally not one I would return to I prefer the Dream Castle or Kyriad but if you plan on spending little time there it does exactly its job. Dont get hung up on accomodation its such a small part of the experience. Just buy juice and water from the train station as the vending machines in the hotels are very pricey!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

dejmurph1

Hi I would agree. We are just back from a 3 night stay in the Kyriad. The cost of 2 rooms with brekfast for 5 adults was approx the same as the extra cost alone  for breakfast alone in the Sequoia Lodge Hotel. The hotel was clean and the breakfast had both hot and cold options. If you are on budget I would highly recommend.

claire2281

I've never heard anything but good things about the off site hotels. The only thing I would say is if you're only staying for 1 night do take into account the travelling time to and from your hotel which will obviously be longer (especially if the shuttles are busy) and will eat into your park time more.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

glenn

I stayed in the explorers hotel a few years ago and the shuttle buses were a bit hectic so I wanted to the Santa Fe hotel and used the shuttle from there,it was a 5 minute walk.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: glenn on December 02, 2017, 01:20:45 PM
I stayed in the explorers hotel a few years ago and the shuttle buses were a bit hectic so I wanted to the Santa Fe hotel and used the shuttle from there,it was a 5 minute walk.

The Santa Fe busses are just as hectic.
And Explorer's is the first stop, so it doesn't make a difference
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''