Family of honor

Started by Thaliel, November 10, 2017, 07:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

Before stars on parade starts, there is an extra car with the so called family of honor passing along the route. How is that family picked exactly?
<-Plz click

Sulley's Arms

My understanding is that it's a family randomly chosen from behind the rope up near the start of the parade.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

Thaliel

Really? I thought they'd at least need some sort of qualification like, let's say one child's birthday or the family's 5th(10th,20th...) visit. Something that makes them stand out from everyone else
<-Plz click

Bopshop

We were chosen at the beginning of April - we were stood waiting on the parade and were asked so jumped at the chance - it was magical to ride the route and then watch in our own dedicated area at the end of Main Street. Was completely random but the face the kids were both in costume and Mum and Dad were wearing Disney ears probably helped!  ;D

DLPWonders (Banned)

Being dressed up is definitely not "an advantage".
The Family of the Day is just completely random.
In fact, I've seen plenty of Familiy of the Days without children.
With kids, without kids, wearing costumes or not...does not matter. It's all pure luck.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen

Either way...dressing ups fun and its good to feel special, must have been an awesome holiday experience!