Mission 2 trailer!

Started by Kristof, December 21, 2004, 03:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Have you seen the teaser for Mission 2 already?

:arrow:  http://kyoto.free.fr/agdisney122004%20108.mov

How do you feel about it?

PAT_MAGIC

I watched the trailer and can say that i liked it, but looks completely different to SM at the moment, and really looks impressive, but i would love to know if it is gonna be like that in the final product of SMM2. :D   All over a great ad, but the 1995 ad in my view is always better and can't be beaten by atmosphere. :D

Anthony

Whoooaaaa! That is one seriously cool advert! OK, so it looks like a computer game or Star Tours, but i liked the effect of going up through the cannon and th text and logos were excellently put in there.

Unfortunately though, it's 1min long so it won't be the final TV ad - hopefully they'll still get the cool effects and excitement of this version in the shorter one.

It's basically like a more exciting and modern version of the brilliant original ad, but with better text and logos.  

Top marks from me!

And I just have to say that I LOVE how they show the cannon on the side of a real mountain on this advert. OK, so it might not make sense with the Columbiad and all, but it's still a cool effect that reminds me of the many earlier design concepts for Space/Discovery Mountain and shows the designers of the revamp really know what they are dealing with.  :D

:wink:

Anthony

News just in: the score for the attraction will be composed by Michael Giacchino of Incredibles fame!

PAT_MAGIC

Interesting news, this score should be good then :D

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"News just in: the score for the attraction will be composed by Michael Giacchino of Incredibles fame!

Also read that (btw, isn't dlrpmagazine just a great news site? - can't think of a better one...) news bit.

Now I'm really excited. I loved Giacchino's work for "The Incredibles". He really showed a sense for the style of that movie... anyway, it also shows, that Disney is not going cheap with that Space Mountain update...

Anthony

DLRP have just released some nice official stills from the preview trailer, which give us a clearer look at some of the effects.  You can see them all here:

//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/dlp/discoveryland/spacemountain/press/publicity_previewvid.htm

I still really love the fact that they properly use the Columbiad and seeing Space Mountain as a real mountain is very cool aswell.  :D

Kris

Yeah I saw those too. What a great idea although they could have easily had a few mre there. I am very satisfied with these however!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

Got 'm too.   :D