Pre Trip Traditions

Started by RockNRoller, October 08, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

Hi All, For several reasons we didn't get to Disney last year. With this years trip only 2 months away we want to make it extra special so we're looking for ways to build the excitement. We've come up with the following:
1) If the Disney film has a link to a ride/walk through we watch it before we go.
2) Using old Disney pictures we've created a countdown calendar, sort of like an advent calendar.
3) As we arrive on a Monday every Monday in the run up we will watch videos from our previous trips.
4) Same reason as 3 we will listen to Disney sound tracks in the car.
5) In the final week before the trip only music from the park will be played in the house.
6) Suitcases will be available for packing 2 weeks prior to the trip.

Question is does anyone else have any pre trip traditions we can borrow? Has my list sparked any ideas?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

RobinV1987

I added a pre trip hype by watching the whole trip of the youtuber Justin Scarred. He stayed a really long time in the Disneyland Hotel and he shows every little secret the park has to offer.
Other than that he also has great videos about Florida and Anaheim.

It truly is a great way to hype up because he's such an hyper and sincere personality.
He also has great moments with legendary imagineer Bob Ger.

Hopefully you will join the tradition of the quest of positivity (you'll get it when you watch the videos  :) )

SwipatronSparks

ooh i love justins videos :)
for me pre trip is watching youtube videos of peoples trips (diffcult at the moment as i am as best i can avoiding the 25th anniversary stuff as i want to see it for the first time when i am there) watching disney movies, and i have a countdown on my wall too :)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

loladelorean

Very glad I read this thread as I'd never heard of Justin Scarred and am excited to watch his videos now!
I just get very active on forums and Disney facebook groups, look at all the menus to decide what to eat, and read my own old trip reports haha
Might do some Disney film nights with my sister in the run up to our January trip!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

RockNRoller

loadelorean, same here. I'd never heard of Justin either. For about 2 minutes I found his voice really annoying but seriously the guy is awesome. So much passion and excitement for a park I realise I'd started to find a bit mundane. Loved his vids so much I finally got round to connecting the TV to our hub so we could watch them from the comfort of the sofa.

Thanks for recommending Justin, anyone who hasn't seen him is missing a treat.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

loladelorean

Quote from: RockNRoller on October 15, 2017, 11:33:55 AM
loadelorean, same here. I'd never heard of Justin either. For about 2 minutes I found his voice really annoying but seriously the guy is awesome. So much passion and excitement for a park I realise I'd started to find a bit mundane. Loved his vids so much I finally got round to connecting the TV to our hub so we could watch them from the comfort of the sofa.

Thanks for recommending Justin, anyone who hasn't seen him is missing a treat.

We had identical experiences!! "This guy is a bit annoying....no wait he's amazing....OK I'm watching all of these, I need to get it on the chromecast"  ;D
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

RobinV1987

Hahaha yeah he's a bit weird at the start but he's a very loveable guy. His passion makes him unique :)
The videos that include his girlfriend are the best, she's his perfect counterpart, a very shy and quiet girl that can make him feel loved.

Now that you guys are hooked I'll give a bit of backstory.

He talks a lot about his quest of positivity, like it's his mantra.
A couple of years ago he went trough a very rough divorce which included his kid, and in the same time his full time band (The Scarred) broke up aswel, his whole life shattered and he got really depressed.
So now he goes on adventures and takes his friends (us) with him to show how beautiful the world can be because he needs it. He doesn't do it for the money, in a certain way he does it as a form of self healing.

That's also why he has this peewee persona around him, which makes for awesomely strange videos and catchphrases like: "The R stands for adventure"

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it,

I've done my duty, I can go home and schleep whell!