meal vouchers

Started by karen_pigtails, November 05, 2017, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen_pigtails

Hi there, we have booked for the half bored plus plan and I know which table service restaurants we can use them in. However, I am just wondering if we can use them in counter restaurants like colonel hathis pizza outpost and the bbq cookout? I know that we would lose out money wise but will they still accept them? Any help would be great thanks  :)

loladelorean

Hi there - yes you can, but it wouldn't make sense to do so economically.
It might be that you could use them for face value to get more than just one meal for one voucher in these places - not sure so maybe someone else can clarify this.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

claire2281

I have done this but only when I didn't pay for the meal plan vouchers as they were part of the offer hence I didn't care they were under value.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

karen_pigtails

Thanks for the replies   :) we are going to buffalo bills one evening so I thought we could use the vouchers for a light lunch that day, else I wouldn't normally waste the voucher

Zee79

Have you already paid for buffalo bills? You can use your voucher as part payment otherwise

karen_pigtails

Oh I didn't know that as we have already paid  :( never mind, we shall just use that days voucher for a late lunch as no way will I be able to wait until 9.30 for dinner lol

dlpowl

Yes you can use them in any Disney restaurant at face value but you can only get 1 meal per voucher regardless of the amount.

Have you thought about going to Lucky Nugget Saloon on that day?  It's table service but it's counter service type food (burger & chips etc) and you get served really quickly.  It's quite a bit more expensive than the other counter service places because you get served at your table and the theming and entertainment is soooo much fun.  You'd be getting much better value for your voucher there than at the other counter service places.

karen_pigtails

Ooh no, I hadn't thought of that but it sounds good so that's definitely an option. Thank you  :)