Disney Express Closed - Paid

Started by dhipolito, September 07, 2017, 02:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhipolito

I paid for Disney Express, however now it says on website that during my stay (13 to 16 September) it is closed.

What should I do now and how can I get my money back if it is really closed?

Princess Chloe

I had the same worry i went to thomas cook who rang disney and they said they would honour it as we had paid for it. We go next week. Hope this helps  :)

claire2281

The normal Disney Express desk will be closed but they'll still honour it for anyone who booked before this closure was known. Usually they just have luggage cages elsewhere and cast members will load them onto the right one for you.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Mushu_Stitch

Hi, the Disney Express closure started the day we were due to arrive (went 4-8th September so only got back yesterday evening). I can give you a detailed run through of how it went for us.

We had booked at the beginning of the year and read about this closure a couple of weeks ago so gave Disney a call and they said that you will still get Disney Express if booked before a certain date (sometime in either June or July, sorry I can't remember the specific date). We were ready to ask for a refund as we had added the Disney Express after booking transport separately but this put our minds at ease.

I can assure you as long as it was booked before their cut off, they will honour it. Basically, they are saying it's closed as the permanent Disney Express counter they have in the station cannot be used due to works being done (although didn't look like much was happening yet when we were there). When we arrived on the Eurostar there were a load of luggage trollies at the side after going up the escalator to get off the platform. The hotel name is at the top so we just went to the right one and then collected our bags from the hotel luggage desk as usual later in the day. On the day we left we went to the hotel luggage point again to drop the bags off and were told we could pick them up from the station around 4pm. When we went back to the station there wasn't any signs about where to collect luggage and the people at the station had no clue and sent us the wrong way towards the permanent desk that is actually closed (we assumed they must have surely known about it?). We finally spotted the luggage trollies outside by one of the doors (we went in the door at the opposite end so missed it). Once we found them we picked up our bags with no issue.

Hope that helps. Other than not using the usual desk point in the station it worked the same as normal.