Input needed for restaurant decisions

Started by Zee79, August 21, 2017, 11:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee79

Sorry if these have been asked before. My party are getting to the stage for deciding where to eat.  When we've been previously we have always eaten in Cheyenne and santa Fe. This time a few of us would like to try other restaurants, similar food but different place. My queries are:
           * What is the Parkside diner like in HNY? Friends have stayed there but not eaten because food can be a bit hit or miss in the new York. What kinds of food do you get for the buffet?

* Billy bobs- my dad has always wanted to eat here, unfortunately he now has mobility issues and often uses a wheelchair, is this place disabled friendly?

* Yacht club- is the buffet varied or mainly seafood?

My mam is a stickler for tradition and is not happy we want to change.

Thanks for any help 😊

bp_serene

The only one I can comment on is the Yacht Club. Yes, the majority is seafood but there were  pasta and chicken and rice dishes too. Really enjoyed it there but I liked trying all the fish.

Edited to correct based on another reply - it's Cape Cod I've eaten at, not Yacht club.

dlpowl

Billy Bobs is lovely!  We really like it in there!  I suppose the food is similar to Cheyenne so it won't be too different for your Mum!  It's just as nice, if not nicer. 

According to trip advisor, it is wheelchair accessible but I would ring and ask to be sure.

polar vixen

We've gonw to billy bobs every visit and its my hubbys and daughters....and my sons....and my favourite buffet. And my son uses a wheelchair . They take him roynd to a side entrance to go up in a lift. No problems once upthere. Plenty of space around the buffet

Mattj500

Yacht club is table service restaurant. In Newport Bay the Cape cod is a buffet, fish options particularly for starter, but lots of variety like beef, pork, pasta.

c3po

I ate at Parkside Diner in March, and was pleasantly surprised. The food is good, but basically American, so whatever you associate with American food will be there. I was there with a 5-year-old, and it was definitely his favourite out of all the buffets we visited.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)