Major Phantom Manor works planned

Started by claire2281, April 25, 2017, 08:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraphelle

Glad it's not just me  ;D They had some tshirts in Frontierland stores opposite the shooting gallery but that's the only merch I've seen aside from a lanyard and the odd pins / snowglobes.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Rocketeer

Well if we don't get much immediate change from the 'new' ownership, you can bet that more merchandise could be one of the things that will change.

You can bet that if they see there's a market for Manor merch, then it'll happen. It's already quite popular in the States, so Paris should be no different.

I'd imagine an ODV would be the first option, but perhaps a more permament location could be found. Isn't there a store quite close by to the attraction anyway? Perhaps there would be the ideal place.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

AJDisney

I hope we see more merchandise as a whole! Especially more ears!! I really wanted Oswald or the TOT ears (I believe they have these in California??) but they only really had the Sorcerer Mickey ears for men :(
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

andya

Quote from: AJDisney on June 30, 2017, 10:56:01 AM
I hope we see more merchandise as a whole! Especially more ears!! I really wanted Oswald or the TOT ears (I believe they have these in California??) but they only really had the Sorcerer Mickey ears for men :(

I've been saying this for ages! Last time we went it was Minnie ears for girls and giant Mickey hands for boys. Not very helpful as they'd be on and off all day. The only ears we saw were the sorcerer ones and in August temps I can't see those being overly comfortable!

msRavenswood

A shop like Memento Mori in WDW would be awesome! But I don't see it happening, to be honest. Phantom Manor isn't as popular as the Haunted Mansion. There are so many hardcore HM fans, but PM has a small fanbase. This is obvious from the waiting times; not that I mind, actually, I love the fact that I can ride it over and over again without having to wait.

Anyway, I hope this long refurbishment will make PM shine, it's a wonderful ride and it deserves to be more popular!

Rocketeer

Well, small fan base or not, if they can think that they'll get a return on more themed merchandise, then it'll happen.

You also have to factor in the casual fan/guest, who would buy something Manor related without being a huge fan.

Quote from: AJDisney on June 30, 2017, 10:56:01 AM
It'd be great if they could bring the ToT ears over to WDS - especially if they have any left over since its retheme.

They also have those cool Red Car Trolly conducter's hat ears. Which admittedly would be out of place in WDS.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney