Gluten free

Started by MrsRoachy, May 18, 2017, 03:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsRoachy

Does anyone know how strict they are at sticking to set menu items? My friend is following a gluten free diet and doesn't want to have to use the Disney allergy free menu as it's not that exciting! Do they allow the odd change to things due to diet restrictions? I've visited twice but it's not something I've had to look into

Tingeling

We have been to Disneyland Paris three times now since our daughter was diagnosed as a coeliac and therefore has to follow a gluten free diet. At the counter service restaurants you're quite stuck with the allergy free menu I'm afraid (and it's definetly not exciting), but she has had some really good meals at some of the table service restaurants. Among the moderately priced Rainforest Café where she had a burger without the bun and was offered fried vegetables as well as salad instead of french fries and Anette's Diner with a plain burger and salad. Unfortunately they come with no sauce when adapted to gluten free so ketchup is the only alternative. At the higher end restaurants like Walt's and Inventions she had very good meals. One of the chefs at the Invention buffet cooked two types of fish for her in the kitchen and brought it to our table as the fish on the buffet wasn't gluten free. And at Walt's the waitress was very knowledgable and she could easily make good choices for starter and main, but for desert they only offered a fruit salad for her (it looked lovely though garnished with flowers). At Chez Remy it also worked out well with a small adaption of the starter and the main being fine by itself. So, to summarize, being on a gluten free diet does work out but you need to talk it through when ordering and they always inform you about the risk of cross-contamination as the dishes are prepared in a kitchen where gluten is present. And you can basically never have any sauce!

MrsRoachy

Thank you for your reply. I'll pass the info on to my friend