Costings

Started by bluelady, May 20, 2017, 09:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluelady

So I've resorted to making up a spreadsheet and spent about five hours last night pricing up different dates, working out differences between free and half board options, standard or club level, train fare......

Please tell me this is normal???!!! But not being particularly tied to dates it's the only way I can compare prices at a glance and the hotel and train prices fluctuate so much, it's really confusing!

dlpowl

Don't know if you know this or not but if you go to page 48 of the new official DLP brochure (you can download this from the DLP website if you don't have a paper copy) there's a calendar view of the whole year and it shows which are the cheapest times to visit.  Dark blue is Super Value and those are the cheapest dates. 

If your trip starts in one price bracket and finishes in another then your whole trip is priced at the starting price bracket so if your visit transcends two price brackets make sure your arrival day is in the lower price bracket.  This usually means arriving Sun-Thurs (don't arrive on a Friday or Saturday!) but it can vary from week to week so check the brochure calendar.

RobinV1987

Arriving on mondays is mostly the best thing to do money wise. Also, traintickets and plane tickets are cheaper on mondays aswel.
I work at an airport and let me tell you, the amount of people flying from friday to sunday is insane!

But yeah I'm the same way you are, I always keep comparing things and try to get the best trip out of it.

bluelady

There are so many factors to consider, I just don't want to get 'wrong' or miss something!

Thanks for the tips!