disneylandparis.co.uk and disneyholidays.co.uk

Started by lawleypop2011, May 01, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawleypop2011

Hi can someone tell me the difference between these websites as the sites look the same however disneyholidays.co.uk take a deposit for online bookings and disneylandparis.co.uk don't?  Also disneyholidays also have more options available for next year re meal plans.

msRavenswood

Disney Holidays, aka The Walt Disney Travel Company, are Disney's official travel agents. They tend to be a little more affordable than booking directly with DLP because they don't charge a handling fee. However, if you're interested in booking Club Level rooms or suites, they're not available anymore through them, while they can be booked through the official DLP site. By the way, if you call Disneyland Paris booking centre, you can choose to pay a deposit.

lawleypop2011

Quote from: msRavenswood on May 01, 2017, 09:39:43 PM
Disney Holidays, aka The Walt Disney Travel Company, are Disney's official travel agents. They tend to be a little more affordable than booking directly with DLP because they don't charge a handling fee. However, if you're interested in booking Club Level rooms or suites, they're not available anymore through them, while they can be booked through the official DLP site. By the way, if you call Disneyland Paris booking centre, you can choose to pay a deposit.

That's great, thanks for info  :)

andya

Definitely check DisneyHolidays first as you do get a cheaper price!

chrismsanders84

I would not recommend The Walt Disney Travel Company, they are totally incompetant, unhelpful and when you call for help they tell lies to fob you off.

All I want to do is add something to my booking and they wont help.

Please avoid this company at all costs.

claire2281

Quote from: chrismsanders84 on May 10, 2017, 07:37:30 AM
I would not recommend The Walt Disney Travel Company, they are totally incompetant, unhelpful and when you call for help they tell lies to fob you off.

What were you trying to add?
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

chrismsanders84

Quote from: claire2281 on May 10, 2017, 08:18:38 AM

I have paid for the premium dining plan and want to reserve my table for breakfast at Plaza Gardens, the Disneyland reservation line are adamant that I need to contact The Walt Disney Travel Company to have it added to my booking and The Walt Disney Travel Company at first advised they can do it but were struggling because of a system fault, and then they advised they cant do it at all and then on my third attempt the line broke up and I was hung up on.

I wouldn't mind but I am not the type of person who shouts and swears down the phone to get his way so I think they find me easy to fob off and ignore.

Disney25

Can you not contact your hotel and ask them to make the reservation or call plaza gardens direct? It could be a possibility.

msRavenswood

I'd give it one more shot, as my friend, who has booked through them, added character breakfast to her booking yesterday. She has standard half board by the way.

The problem with the WDTC is that when you call them you talk with American representatives and you usually get conflicting information. It has happened to me and I know...

claire2281

Quote from: chrismsanders84 on May 10, 2017, 09:09:53 AM
Quote from: claire2281 on May 10, 2017, 08:18:38 AM

I have paid for the premium dining plan and want to reserve my table for breakfast at Plaza Gardens, the Disneyland reservation line are adamant that I need to contact The Walt Disney Travel Company to have it added to my booking and The Walt Disney Travel Company at first advised they can do it but were struggling because of a system fault, and then they advised they cant do it at all and then on my third attempt the line broke up and I was hung up on.

I wouldn't mind but I am not the type of person who shouts and swears down the phone to get his way so I think they find me easy to fob off and ignore.

Disney are right; you can't reserve Plaza Garden breakfasts through normal means, they have to be added to your whole booking and if your booking was done by TWDTC then only they can do that. This is because only hotel guests are allowed to book it more than 3 days before. This new breakfast system has caused a lot of issues and confusion.

Possibly they told you they can't do it because they're thinking of it as a normal restaurant reservation which it's not. They need to understand it's now an addition to the booking.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Andybear

I think the Walt Disney Travel Company are great.  I always book my DLP trips with them and have never had a problem.  I'm going to WDW in September 2018 and I've booked that trip with them  :)  This morning I received an email from them in relation to the WDW trip headed 'Hooray, you're coming to Walt Disney World' and it contained information and even the number of days till I go there!