Hen do ideas

Started by MrsRoachy, May 22, 2017, 12:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsRoachy

I'm visiting in September as part of a hen do and wanted to try and do a few fun, different things for the hen. It's not going to be the conventional boozy hen do, although I'm sure we'll sample a few cocktails! I've already bought her the white Minnie ears with veil which she will wear from the morning we travel over. She doesn't like people dressed up (not sure why she chose Disney!!) but loves princesses. We'd like to do ADC but cost is putting a few people off.

What other things can we do to make it more than a 'normal' visit? I'm going to get her into Stitch live as she could get picked on for something!! Money dependant we might try and do BBWWS on the last night if everyone can afford it. Any other ideas that anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!

RobinV1987

One cool thing to do is a pub crawl trough all the Disney hotels and sample the cocktails there. Every hotel has a different feel to it so maybe you can give her a different prop for each hotel to make it special.

You defenitly have to go to the princess pavilion if she loves princesses, you'll get a little alone time with the princess and you can have a great conversation about marriage! Also the group fun pic is a great way to remember this hen party!

Be sure to go to city hall and get the special badge, she'll get a phone call from the boss himself (Mickey) to congratualate on the special occasion and castmembers give more attention to her in special ways (really worth it)

I'll try to think of other ideas :)

polar vixen

Not so much dressing up but tiaras for everyone are fairly fun and can be bought cheaply enough on ebay

SazrahJay

I've seen a few accounts on Instagram that make custom Minnie Mouse ears. Maybe everyone could get a pair?

MrsRoachy

Quote from: RobinV1987 on May 22, 2017, 03:04:14 PM
One cool thing to do is a pub crawl trough all the Disney hotels and sample the cocktails there. Every hotel has a different feel to it so maybe you can give her a different prop for each hotel to make it special.

You defenitly have to go to the princess pavilion if she loves princesses, you'll get a little alone time with the princess and you can have a great conversation about marriage! Also the group fun pic is a great way to remember this hen party!

Be sure to go to city hall and get the special badge, she'll get a phone call from the boss himself (Mickey) to congratualate on the special occasion and castmembers give more attention to her in special ways (really worth it)

I'll try to think of other ideas :)

Thank you for this, the pub crawl is a good idea. I didn't know about the badge and phone call either so will definitely get that sorted

stormflm595

If you are staying at a Disney hotel you can ring in advance and arrange for a bottle of bubbly to be ready on arrival in her room. Not sure how much this costs but could be worth looking it. That would make a nice surprise for her and you can all toast the start of her hen do.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

MrsRoachy

Quote from: stormflm595 on May 30, 2017, 12:37:21 PM
If you are staying at a Disney hotel you can ring in advance and arrange for a bottle of bubbly to be ready on arrival in her room. Not sure how much this costs but could be worth looking it. That would make a nice surprise for her and you can all toast the start of her hen do.

Great idea, will speak with the other hens

stormflm595

Also, depending on how many there are of you and how many it can fit on, Panoramagique is something slightly different to do - it's basically a hot air balloon located on Lake Disney that rises up and shows of amazing views of the resort and surrounding areas. I would definitely do this in the evening time when all the lights are starting to come on - it would be beyond pretty!

Here's the link: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/entertainment/disney-village/panoramagique/
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

MrsRoachy