I am so sorry for all the questions....

Started by clairabell13, April 28, 2017, 03:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clairabell13

Hi guys, so I have another question... I am really sorry to bombard you.  I knew I would be a nightmare!

So, I have been watching some vlogs of dlp on youtube, and a lot of people seem to have invested in a lanyard, and a small clear wallet that you can attach to the lanyard. 

Have any of you ever used one of these, and do you think they are worth it/  We are buying Annual Passes, so just thought it might be a good way of storing them and easily accessible, especially if we go in and out of shops, and use the pass for discounts?   :)
October 2011 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvilliers
May 2012 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvillers

September 2018 - 12th Wedding Anniversary at Explorers Hotel - so excited!

dlpowl

We always use a lanyard and a little ziplock clear pocket that hangs from it.  We use it to store our park tickets, fast passes, meal vouchers etc.  It certainly makes things easier because you're not having to go in and out of your bag constantly.

The ones you buy from the park are a bit pricey but they are good quality.  I make my own because I have a different lanyard to match each of my different Disney ears but I'm a geek like that.  Hahaa!  If you don't want to pay Disney park prices then look on eBay, there's lots of Disney lanyards for sale on there for way less. 

A&S&O

We tried using lanyards, but found they just got in the way.

We have our APs in a small card holder, that we also use for our photopass, fastpasses and shareholders cards. We all stick together, so find its easier to use than lanyards.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

bad-pink-tink

I have tried using lanyards too, but used to have my trading pins on it as well as the plastic pouch for my park ticket and fast passes but I stopped using it. It just used to annoy me, and with the pins it was heavy after a few hours. I now keep my trading pins in a ziplock sandwich bag in my pocket. I put the plastic pouch on one of those retractable wire thingys like the CMs have. This I attach either to my belt or to my handbag. That way its to hand and I dont have to waste time digging in my bag and I know I wont loose it.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

dlpowl

Yeah, I forgot to mention pins.  I do pin trade but all I keep in the pouch (along with my tickets etc) is the next pin I'm willing to trade.  I don't wear pins on my lanyard as it makes them heavy and I'm also scared to lose my pins. 

I don't find my lanyard gets in the way at all but everybody has their own experiences.  Maybe just buy a cheap one or use an existing lanyard (or borrow one from someone - most people have a lanyard knocking around the house somewhere these days) and see how you get on with it first?  Then if you get on with it you can purchase a Disney one while you're there.

bp_serene

I just use a bum-bag for all my small items. I keep the tickets, fastpasses, phone, sunglasses, cash etc in it. We are going with kids though so have the pushchair basket to store other items in. The bumbag is good because you can keep it on you on rides. I think I'll be investing in a card wallet for the tickets this year though.