Our itinerary for Sept trip- help appreciated!

Started by Gemma 35, April 16, 2017, 11:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma 35

Hi,

Our first trip to DLP.  We travel Fri 1st sept for 3 nights- although its a weekend hoping it may be quiet as a lot of British Schools go back on the Monday and hopefully not too many French families visiting as they will have not long since had their summer holiday - could be wrong though?

I'm wanting to get the most out of our visit.

From the 1st sept does anyone know if the park closes at 9pm or 11pm?

We are travelling by Eurostar arriving in DLP at 2pm on the Friday.  We have the disney express luggage service.Would it be possible for us to get in the park in time to watch the princess waltz on the castle stage at 3pm?

I am hoping to watch the parade  from IASW, and that straight after the parade we may get on some of the rides nearby as they may not be too busy? Or does everyone have the same idea?

The meet and greet at the Princess Pavillion is this on all day/everyday? Can I start queuing from the time the park opens ?

Only really thought about our first day there so any tips would be helpful- especially for how to plan for the Sat and Sun as I can imagine they are busier.  We have 2 daughters aged 6 and 3 so wont be doing Space mountain or Star Wars as not our cup of tea or theirs.

Thanks in advance!

polar vixen

When you visit the studios I'd visit stitch live and mickey and the magician . Both really good fun and you won't have to queue for long. Toy story play land is fun as is ratatouille , cars and flying carpets.
You could spend a really long time queuing for princesses even using your early morning hours...if you budget would stretch to it a meal at auberge de cendrillon or another character dining experience might be better...you also get a lot more princesses but check back in August as to the current queueing system cos they keep changing it.
Buzz lightyear is a fantastic ride as are the story book boats and cases junior. Given that you'll be there over a weekend I would definitely pre book your meals.
Also check rides and pick out some.movies to watch that match up which your daughters might not have seen in the weeks leading up to it. Have a great time!

claire2281

I would still expect the Saturday and Sunday to be reasonably busy. Probably at least an hour wait for rides like Buzz Lightyear.

The park hours aren't out yet but based on last year it should close at 9pm.

Personally I would easily be able to get from a 2pm arrival to seeing something on the castle stage at 3pm but I wouldn't have small children with me so it depends how fast you think you can move. Also whether you want to rush through Main Street on first arrival or take your time and enjoy the sights.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Andybear

The weekends are always busy regardless of the time of year because it's when a lot of locals come out to play.  Also kids in my area of the UK don't go back to school till the second week in September (and chances are other areas too) so I suspect there will still be a lot of children there then too . I always go during the week mid to late September.  I'm going 25th to 29th September this year. 

Gemma 35

Thanks for all your replies really helpful.

Does anyone know if we are staying at Cheyenne hotel do that mean we get EMH for all the days we are staying at the park?  Just thinking if we enter the park at 8am i head straight to the Princess Pavillion for me to queue for the 10am start opening whilst my partner either takes the children on some rides or for breakfast.  Anyone else ever done this?

Whats the earlierst I can get a counter service breakfast?

Thanks

amywayne2701

Hi when we went last April we would get to the parks for EMH for 8am then stroll down main street. At 8.30-8.45 I would go and queue at the princess pavilion and my husband took the children on a couple of rides then came back to join me about 9.45 to wait for the princess pavilion to open then they weren't queuing for anymore than 20-30minutes to meet a princess.