WDS: Make mine a Marvel expansion

Started by Rocketeer, March 30, 2017, 08:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YenSidBot

Yes please !!!!!! Would love for this to happen as long as they don't touch the tower as people were saying . So hard to enjoy a day a the studios as there is so little quality attractions and shows to do :) can't wait for the next ten years
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

MickeyAteMyCap

Adding Marvel is a good idea but NOT at the expense of Cinemagique.

https://www.change.org/p/disneyland-paris-save-cinemagique-from-disneyland-paris-closure

At least move Cinemagique to Discoveryland Theater!

Rocketeer

Quote from: PMF on April 01, 2017, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: Rocketeer on March 31, 2017, 09:26:04 PM
the last non-IP in the States would be from DCA's opening. (feel free to correct me!).
Expedition Everest which coincidentally (or not) was the last WDI project greenlit by Michael Eisner.
Ahh yes, that would be right - wasn't it '07 or '08?

Quote from: mickey1980 on April 01, 2017, 11:21:38 AM
I'm sure there is still enough support within WDI for non-ip based attractions. For the studios i'm fine with them putting as much IP in there as they can come up with. But for the main park.. Please.. Stop.

You can't beat originality.

Ahh what a great video!

And yes, the less IP dependant they are for attractions in Parc Disneyland the better. However they are just as likely to add IPs to the park. Just think...we've got to be thankful that The Lone Ranger was such a flop. Thunder would have got an overly lay in next to no time.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Quote from: whatsupanders on April 01, 2017, 12:09:47 AM
Quote from: Rocketeer on March 31, 2017, 07:36:55 PM
Quote from: Ohana on March 31, 2017, 12:36:29 AM
I hate marvel but I'm fine with it as long as they leave that damn tower alone. It's one of my absolute favourites and I don't want them doing what DCA did with their's.
I wonder if WDS will end up with the Ant-Man attraction that Hong Kong is getting? It always pays to create attractions "in bulk" so to speak.

More likely something similar to the Avengers attraction, given that the Ant-Man ride is a re-theme of Buzz.
Yes, it maybe a retheme in HK, but WDS does have a lot more scope to build things from scratch. I think they can construct a similar building in WDS without much worry. It could probably even replace the building that AES is in now.

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on April 01, 2017, 12:59:10 AM
I've changed my viewpoint on Marvel in WDS; I used to say leave it alone! But I now simply have the view that the left side of the Studios (Production Courtyard etc) is a massive waste of space.

* Rock'n'Roller Coaster - I love this ride but so many times the music doesn't work so it's mostly just "Roller Coaster". As such this could be adapted to a Marvel theme quite easily.
* Moteurs Stunt... - Enjoyed the first couple of watches but it's still EXACTLY the same and could now be removed
* Armageddon - Don't even get me started....
* Tram Tour - Really?

I'm good with it if TWDC want to completely transform & expand this part of the park.

Avengers assemble...!
Can't disagree with much of that.

RnRc > Guardians or Spiderman
Motuers > S.H.I.E.L.D.
AES (as I mentioned above) knock it down and invite Pym Industries to setup shop.
Tram Tour > I'm split on this one. There's two options.
1) Consigment to Yesterland (I just hope they preserve the Horizons props).
2) Re-route it to the rear of the property. Convert Dinotopia to either Thor Ragnarok or The Black Panther. Catastrophe Canyon would probably have to stay as it is, which given its still supposed to be a film tour, well that's fine. The Reign of Fire would have to become a tie into Avengers: Infinity Wars.

If they choose the latter, at least they are keeping a high RPH attraction to ease demand on other attractions when it gets busier.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

PMF

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 02, 2017, 08:20:55 PM
Quote from: PMF on April 01, 2017, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: Rocketeer on March 31, 2017, 09:26:04 PM
the last non-IP in the States would be from DCA's opening. (feel free to correct me!).
Expedition Everest which coincidentally (or not) was the last WDI project greenlit by Michael Eisner.
Ahh yes, that would be right - wasn't it '07 or '08?

claire2281

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 02, 2017, 08:30:04 PM
Can't disagree with much of that.

RnRc > Guardians or Spiderman
Motuers > S.H.I.E.L.D.
AES (as I mentioned above) knock it down and invite Pym Industries to setup shop.
Tram Tour > I'm split on this one. There's two options.
1) Consigment to Yesterland (I just hope they preserve the Horizons props).
2) Re-route it to the rear of the property. Convert Dinotopia to either Thor Ragnarok or The Black Panther. Catastrophe Canyon would probably have to stay as it is, which given its still supposed to be a film tour, well that's fine. The Reign of Fire would have to become a tie into Avengers: Infinity Wars.

If they choose the latter, at least they are keeping a high RPH attraction to ease demand on other attractions when it gets busier.

My alternative guesses:

RnR - Ironman, fitting in with the speed and sensation of flying

Moteurs - Obviously fit for a stunt show but would that be needed if Cinemagique is becoming one as rumoured? Moteurs has a HUGE footprint. It's bigger than Toy Story Playland. It could honestly be a land in its own right. Also it is out of the way and major building work wouldn't affect the rest of the part. I would guess they'll scrap the show all together and build something brand new there.

Armageddon - Only small so it can't be expanded easily. Possibly a walk through attraction? Props? Sets?

Tram Tour - I think it would be rethemed to fit the franchises but otherwise left

Alas I think the Tower won't escape the Guardians re-themeing if this Marvel land goes ahead. It's a pity because I love the aesthetics of the Tower (although I do think that the mission breakout re-skin - on the outside at least  - looks very impressive).
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Rocketeer

Quote from: PMF on April 02, 2017, 11:35:01 PM
Thanks!

Quote from: claire2281 on April 03, 2017, 10:31:24 AM
RnR - Ironman, fitting in with the speed and sensation of flying
Interesting. I like the sound of that.
Moteurs - Obviously fit for a stunt show but would that be needed if Cinemagique is becoming one as rumoured? Moteurs has a HUGE footprint. It's bigger than Toy Story Playland. It could honestly be a land in its own right. Also it is out of the way and major building work wouldn't affect the rest of the part. I would guess they'll scrap the show all together and build something brand new there.
Good point. The theatre is quite sizable. Just think if they removed it - and the Reign of Fire set, they could acess the huge expansion pad in the centre of the park.
Armageddon - Only small so it can't be expanded easily. Possibly a walk through attraction? Props? Sets?
They could expand it a little, but it'd mean Cafe des Cascadeurs would have to go. With that extra space, they could in theory squeeze in a dark ride (and I do mean squeeze).

Alas I think the Tower won't escape the Guardians re-themeing if this Marvel land goes ahead. It's a pity because I love the aesthetics of the Tower (although I do think that the mission breakout re-skin - on the outside at least  - looks very impressive).
If Production Courtyard is to become Marvel Land, then I'm afraid you might be right.  :(

The Tower is already in the wrong place, and it will look even worse if it is converted into something that looks like a child's rushed art project.

Rocketeer

Take this with a pinch of salt and a jump to a conclusion....
(and this is about WDW and DLR)
QuoteA few months ago, we told you that it was rumored that the popular TRON Lightcycle Power Run attraction from Shanghai Disneyland would be making its way to Walt Disney World sometime in the next 5 years.
According to sources, budget and preliminary design teams for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts have been sent out to Shanghai to make the project into a reality here in the United States. The decision to move forward with a TRON reboot/sequel has likely heavily influenced the decision to go through with the attraction domestically.

At Disneyland, Calif., rumors indicate that the former Innoventions building (now home to Star Wars Launch Bay) in Tomorrowland would be the site, allowing the outdoors portion of the coaster to soar beautifully over the Tomorrowland skyline. That being said, some believe the coaster will be repurposed for the MARVEL-themed land at Disney California Adventure
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/04/rumor-tron-lightcycle-power-run-roller-coaster-close-green-light-walt-disney-world-disneyland/

Well DCA isn't the only park that could be getting a Marvel Land.

Jules Verne

I know it has been posted already but i just wanted to bump the petition to save classic DLP attractions, share it around if you can through Facebook, Twitter etc the more people it reaches the better, its a long shot but its better than doing nothing, thanks guys

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/695/337/195/maintain-the-classic-attractions-at-disneyland-paris/?z00m=29002497&redirectID=2372724863

As for the expansion i dont like the idea of loosing cinemagique, its not a major attraction but its cleverly done and unique.
I would love to see Marvel in the studios, it would give it the new life it needs but not at the expense of ToT.
I would like to see Star Wars in the studios as well but i think it will take over discovery land, it wouldn't be that hard since its half way there.

claire2281

Quote from: Jules Verne on April 05, 2017, 09:50:38 PM
I know it has been posted already but i just wanted to bump the petition to save classic DLP attractions, share it around if you can through Facebook, Twitter etc the more people it reaches the better, its a long shot but its better than doing nothing, thanks guys

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/695/337/195/maintain-the-classic-attractions-at-disneyland-paris/?z00m=29002497&redirectID=2372724863

As for the expansion i dont like the idea of loosing cinemagique, its not a major attraction but its cleverly done and unique.
I would love to see Marvel in the studios, it would give it the new life it needs but not at the expense of ToT.
I would like to see Star Wars in the studios as well but i think it will take over discovery land, it wouldn't be that hard since its half way there.

I admire your passion but I don't think what you're asking for is particular practical.

The Star Wars overlay for Space Mountain is all but complete, has cost millions and taken months. They aren't going to rip it all out.

And, of course, there's no way Buzz Lightyear will be removed. It's incredibly popular still.

I think Star Wars fits better in the Studios but since Star Tours has long since been there I understand why they've put it where it is.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Rocketeer

Burbank has yet to reverse any decision on attractions after fan outcry.

Rocketeer

Contemplating the Tron coaster - would that even be a good idea? Surely it'd just make RnRc look dated?

Rocketeer

Here's another purely speculative idea...

Rumours abound that Disney's Hollywood Studios will get a boutique and compeltely immersive Star Wars Hotel attached to Star Wars Land. (Details in this thread.. https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=22321.msg294494#new )
Therefore, adding 2+2 and getting CP30.... what if they added something similar to any Marvel Land additon to WDS?

Yup.. too many hotel rooms and it'd be ridiuclously expensive (specualtion has it at $1,000 pppd = c. £800/€900) and it's not what the resort needs right now.

But how cool would it be to stay a couple of nights in the Avengers building?

RobinV1987

I'm all for Star Wars and Marvel in the parks!
If it's done properly ofcourse!

I would hate to see the Tower of Terror go to the reskin it has like in Disneyland, Anaheim. It just not feel very Guardians of the Galaxy to just drop down. And I adore the look of the tower now!

Adventure land has always been a favorite of mine to walk trough and I love the Jules Verne look! But it's not very exciting for kids nowadays, and everyone (ok almost everyone) loves Star Wars!
I love that there is a show now where kids can become jedi's themselfs, I would have loved that as a little boy! I don't think they will let me, as a 30 year old guy, up on the stage :'( But I'd love to see the happy faces of all the children!

I really hope that they will make room for more attractions and more land in WDS. Right now it's amazing to walk trough, I mean, the Toy Story land is really a dream coming true! It feels like I'm a kid again when I walk trough it!
Last january I walked with my mom to Buzz Lightyear and I said: "remember when you gave me that Buzz Lightyear for Christmas, and you gave another one to your grandson?" I saw her eyes light up because she knew how much joy it gave us, and the feeling of walking there made me really joyfull!

We need more to keep the audience happy, and that's where the 2.1 billion! dollars will come in!  ;D